Bottle of Jack

(Phr0stByte) #1

Modeled in Blender 2.45 and rendered with Indigo 0.09 test 7.
Not perfect, but it was a great learning exercise for someone relatively new to 3d art. I realize that there is much room for improvement, but I am basically sick of looking at it - time to move on to something new.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_153/display_1525601.jpg

0 Likes

(TheANIMAL) #2

Veeeery nive, looks like it could be a promotional photo for the drink.

I cant put my finger on why it doesn’t look quite real, maybe it needs a touch of DOF.

0 Likes

(Joelthebowl022) #3

:smiley: i think the only thing making the pic unphotorealistic is the text on the bottle label it looks blurry like my monitor has some sort of visual imparment lol just a little crit honest i love the work it looks astounding cant wait till i can produce images of this standard

0 Likes

(blenditall) #4

Pretty nice! Good studio lighting… modeling’s good, same with materials…:yes:
It seems like what’s stopping this from being top notch is the rendering. If it was blender internal, I’d say render it again with the mitch filter for a sharper look…
But I’m guessing it took forever to render with indigo, so go for post-pro.
I hope you don’t mind this little suggestion:

This is what I did:

1. Sharpen the image.
  2. Render lighting effect.
  3. Auto levels.
    4.Variations.

Most of that stuff is pretty much optional, but sharpening it had a definite positive effect.

EDIT: Just read you want to move on to something new… in that case I strongly suggest coming back to this in the future!

0 Likes

(musk) #5

The whiskey should be more clear. As far as I remember (don’t have a whiskey here at the moment :wink: ) you can see through whiskey.

0 Likes

(5_on_it) #6

Looks great to me!!
The all seeing… all powerful… the fantastic Indigo Renderer :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you could post your Blender file so we could see how you did it would be nice. If not… that’s understandable.

Great Render! :yes:

0 Likes

(patricia3d) #7

Very Nice glass shading. It looks real.

0 Likes

(Orinoco) #8

It doesn’t look like you’ve taken enough whiskey from that bottle to fill that glass. Nice image, though. I think it would look good in your portfolio.

0 Likes

(tef) #9

My crit would be that the glas look to soft and that the whiskey is murky and not clear. That might be the light spooking around though.

Otherwise it is a rather good execution, but you score zero points in creativity for this concept.

0 Likes

(OBI_Ron) #10

What he really means is…second bottle of Jack

0 Likes

(Orinoco) #11

right… lying on it’s side in a puddle of spilled whiskey.:evilgrin:

0 Likes

(Squiggly_P) #12

Add a can of coke and i’ll have a double, please.

Nice realistic render. i do feel that Blenditall’s edit enhances the image a great deal.

0 Likes

(Roger) #13

“Not perfect” ? … pretty perfect looking to me! Great render pal! Especially you being new to 3d, really good!

Cheers

0 Likes