Box Projected Cube Environment Mapping demo (Shiny!)

dude it the graphics are great O: they look like Mirror Edge

btw it crashes on me Windows 7 64-bit with ATI radeon hd 5570

Wow… nice!

Can only run for few sec… can only fire the ball once.

Running at 59.999 fps
Rasterizer at around 40%
…on my old ATI 9600xt, P4 3.0HT, 512MB RAM. XP.

After that the whole system will freezes (5 times)… but, it running! running beautifully for few sec. GFX got very hot.

The video looks gorgeous though the blend file crashes on both of my PCs :frowning:

Both having nvidia cards and both running windows 7

awesome work! and congratulations for your excellent work shown here on the forum! :wink:

Love it man.
Blown away.

Runs fine for me on my computer - ATI Radeon X800XT (I think) with Windows XP. Runs at a good rate (not always 60 FPS, but can be consistently when looking at a smaller portion of the scene, like just one room - not the hallway).

Looks absolutely amazing. :smiley:

I’m assuming that texture swapping is used for the cube maps as rooms are traversed? That’s a really nice touch. I’m also really loving the “cling film” wrapping on the packs of crates.

Since I’ve just reinstalled Windows (NO versions of Blender would open for unexplained reasons right back to 2.45!! :eek:), I can say that on my old (5 yrs) laptop with a clean system the performance is very good. 25-45fps full-screen.

Blender 2.56a
Vista sp2
1.8GHz Centrino duo (dual core)
2Gb RAM
nVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 (very old)

I forgot to ask…

What is the method used to create the env map?
Can you maybe explain it?

EDIT: or does it just display a regular env map differently than the regular solution?

hey martin its fleeky,

really nice demo, im wondering, would it be possible somehow to render per frame only dynamic objects?

Hey guys, thanks for replies and nice response. I have no idea what causes the crashing… :frowning:
I`ll run this on my laptop…

I actually took in-game screenshot using dfelinto`s dome mode 4 (env map)
here are the env maps:

they are regular env maps, but there is only 6 lines of code on top of regular env-map shader that does this effect…

Hey Fleeky, this means that each reflecting object should have a unique environment map texture and thus unique material. And that would slow down things badly… but rendering only dynamic objects would not add that much speedup, i think :slight_smile:

Interesting.
What are the plans for the scripts you’ve put together?
I know that you’ve released plenty of them, already for free.

It would be nice to have these things all built into bge and blender.
Is Ton aware of what you are doing? Is there any help offered.

Are you going to release all of this in a game?

Runs smoothly on ATI Radeon 3200 on Linux.

I noticed some irregularities on your reflections:

Looking at your cubemaps it’s obvious why this is happening, but still. Any ideas on how to fix them?

PS: What’s the music in your video? Sounds familiar.

how did u get the color bleed effect? (srry cant run the blend on my comp right now :P) is it realtime or u baked it? if u baked it how did u do that?colored AO or indirect lightning or some other feature i might b missing :stuck_out_tongue: ? i tried to search all over but dosent seem that there is a nice tut on how to get color bleed effect in blender.

When i saw those red doors i coulda sworn i was back in mirrors edge! (BTW i love that game)
Very nice work there, although, not really applicable to me because i never use the BGE…

Ok for reflection with cubemap, but i don’t understand how you have make the radiosity effect to the room??? 2.49 has radiosity but in your file the meshes aren’t tessellate. Rasiosity can’t be baked. how you have done?

I am wondering if you can switch the envmaps using the VideoTexture plugin. As in, allow the spheres to be in more than 3 or 4 rooms. Like making them have only two VideoTexture based envmaps. This would be a pain in the ass to code because you basically have to combine it with a cubemap shader because you can’t use normal textures with VideoTexture. Not sure though. It was just a thought that popped up in my head.

Kind regards.

Impressive as always ! I would thought you are no more interested with GE! I am glad I saw I new IMPRESIVE filter for BGE! great work!

NICE.tho requires much effort to make a custom enviro.

Amazing Truly amazing i wish i was as good as you man:evilgrin:

These printers ambition offer you the www.bizsuper.com ability to use their site where they are skillful to lightly utilize the accessible tools and petitions. Not merely must you you could make your own t-shirt design fancies for there are many selections open to you namely others have established.while I tried the site the first period approximately, I Googled as my preference anime role, Papa Smurf, and use his image as a chart as my custom shirt. Bet you will do the same to for your 1st t shirt production at Custom Kids T Shirts. Jeters recent fulfilment. The design functions one masterly rendition of Jeters somewhat signature form of acknowledgement, the tipping of his helmet to the crowd. On the behind of every shirt reads 3,000, to commemorate the accomplishment