Boxes Perspective Drawing (1.5 hrs) - Critique/drawing tips would be useful.

Okay, I spent about an hour and a half on this.
Most of that time was trying to get the XYZ/ perspective worked out.
I found it’s easier to draw the walls first, and THEN the boxes rather than just do the boxes freehand.
Anyways, tips and critiques would be nice… and maybe a pat on the back too :stuck_out_tongue:
-amdbcg

Attachments

Not much to critique really for such a simple scene. You’ve captured it well.

I recommend Loomis for a really good introduction to perspective. Successful Drawing deals with it in great detail (link), probably more than is neccessary, but worth having a look through if it’s something you want to understand.

Yeah,I also recommend Andrew Loomis books,he is a master of drawing!
Nothing to critique,nice job and the blender logo picture is a nice addition:yes:

I recommend Loomis for a really good introduction to perspective. Successful Drawing deals with it in great detail (link), probably more than is neccessary, but worth having a look through if it’s something you want to understand.
Thanks for the link, I’m currently on page 20 and learning a bunch :slight_smile:

Yeah,I also recommend Andrew Loomis books,he is a master of drawing!
Nothing to critique,nice job and the blender logo picture is a nice addition:yes:

thanks :slight_smile: yeah, I’m definitely looking into Loomis books atm.

i think you spent way to much time on this.
But it turned out good.
I don’t get what the blender logo is doing there?
Is it a poster or a window?

not bad, but your edge angles are a bit off, on both the boxes and outlets- really drawing is mostly about angles and relationships between objects. keep at it, it will come along!