Boy On A Ledge

This is the latest project I worked on to evaluate the Blender toolset for VFX applications.

The live footage was not shot on green screen so a bit of roto work was done for the composite. The roto-bezier addon rendered with vector blur worked great for blending the live with the generated.

This turned out to be quite a good GIMP exercise also because of the amount of work involved building the background. I could not shoot my own bird’s eye view plates so I had to work with stuff I could get off the net and make them work together.

I posted additonal info on vimeo.

Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

Here’s a video of the live footage against the vfx composite… still working on the breakdown, will update this link to include that when it’s done.

Update: added quick pass of the layer involved, still working on a better presentation of the layers

Very nice. It does look like you’re way up there.

very nice effect! can you show us the video before, that would be very interesting.

Very convincing, could we see a shot breakdown?

Fantastic! Please by the grace of god, give us a shot break down or small tutorial. :open_mouth:

Thanks for the appreciation and the interest.

I am currently working on a simple breakdown, and trying to include the GIMP layers as well. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to finish it before the end of the week. I will post it as soon as it’s done.

Gooood!
Well done.

Updated thread with a video link of a side-by-side before and after video. Will add breakdown when it’s finished.

really nice done! I’m doing my first steps on tracking… uuufff…! :smiley:

Wow! That was awesome!!!

Very believable!

A spectacular view from the window!!!

@meschoyez: I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun with it, just as I’m having :slight_smile:

ROFL! I showed your video to my brother and he was freaking out about the kid being out there so high up! You should have seen his reaction when I showed him the other video and he realized the truth! PRICELESS! lmao

Yeah!! two days ago, i was struggling with no good results… but today… WHOOAAAAAAA!!! :wink: Soon i’ll post my tries.

@Robitron: Thanks for sharing your story… knowing people are enjoying my clips is also priceless for me!

@meschoyez: The tomato tracker is pretty good, be ready to get addicted :slight_smile:

Finally had a chance to parse the layers of both Blender and Gimp. Updated the breakdown with a quickpass of the layers. I’m still working on a better presentation to show the process. Hoping to have more free time to finish this soon.

Great work! I still can’t find the time to try those amazing Blender features