Boy the Peach team really is trying to bring all these features in a short period

From the Sunday meeting agenda

brecht will work now on finalizing particle editing speedups, some cleaning to make sure our grooming department can comb bunnies :slight_smile: and our grooming department is picky! this week is grooming code deadline after that 1 week strand render stuff and after that work on volumetric light, fast GI
ideasman has been assigned to artists team for 2 weeks, for tree/environment modeling and Ton should do event refactor
Enrico is trying to make good displacement working in blender-internal :slight_smile: so… we gotta find a way to do adaptive render-time subdivisions

So this week, they expect grooming code and next week strand rendering. And then we have the volumetric light and I wonder what the fast GI will be.

Ton’s may start the event refactor, good thing.

Good displacement, Qdune may not be going in but this may be the next best thing.

I wonder if they’ll be getting any sleep for the next several weeks;)

Don’t forget, they’re also putting in a new Python wizard in for tree generation :D. OK, probably nothing really botanical but easy and simple trees right in Blender will be nice. Of course, if one needs more there’s always Ivy, Arbaro, and the others (great link by BrianH here)

Whoa… fast GI?! I’m going to be a happy person when these builds come out.

Yes, that took me kind of by surprise too, I never expected to see something like GI better then AO in the Peach request list. I guess the features needed are materializing and includes some nice additions to the renderer on top of what was added in 2.44 and beyond 2.45.

I think that everyone will be surprised how quickly some long-standing wishes can be fulfilled by a small group of excellent, full-time, payed coders.

“brecht will work now on finalizing particle editing speedups, some cleaning to make sure our grooming department can comb bunnies :slight_smile: and our grooming department is picky! this week is grooming code deadline after that 1 week strand render stuff and after that work on volumetric light, fast GI”

Yeah, when I saw this I nearly flipped especially the GI, I never thought I would see it.

proper grooming is essential.

Sorry for the newbie question but what’s fast GI?

It is global illumination, basically needed to get more accurate photo realistic renders.

For me the fur editing tools and the volumetric lighting are a major bonus… What else do they have under wraps? Can’t wait to see the long list of requests from the animating and modeling teams.

Dances a jig

GI makes it possible for feature-focused-people to make their scenes look puffy and drool at how amazing it looks like compared to the same scenes with a custom lighting setup :ba:

In the hands of professionals though, it can be used to greatly enhance the lighting of a scene.

In short, GI makes your scenes look sexy and all the girls will love you. Fast GI is probably the same, you’ll just get the girls faster.

However, GI Joe doesn’t have anything to do with global illumination. It’s just a figure of speech.

But he still got a girl didn’t he? GI JANE:p

So this would mean it is less necessary to use external renderers.

grafixsuz:
Heheh ;D

MrPerlishells:
I sure hope so =)

Wait. I’m lost…so… why are we grooming peaches again!?:confused:

Wait. I’m lost…so… why are we grooming peaches again!?:confused:

eh? peaches? i thought they’re grooming bunnies?
am looking forward to the fast GI! i hope it will really be faster than using externals :smiley:

In short, GI makes your scenes look sexy and all the girls will love you.

Ah finally, I was beginning to doubt Blender for a while.

ah well faster GI, that sounds very promising !!!

well some feature movies also use GI for animation. it is possible to day.
adaptive subdivision for render-time is great !!!

Oh, I heard in the GE forums that Zaghaghi took a break from BGE development to do this for Peach.

I think that, for Zaghaghi will not much time to do this, because he started coding the Volumetric Cloud for Peach project

So Blender will probably get its volumetric clouds, and then he’ll go back to BGE development:)

As for now nothing like that is probably.