Branch soc-2014-nurbs update to master

Anyway this code is already good I imported few month ago this model created with ICEM-surf an advanced Nurbs modeller, Blender’s nurbs lacks in trimmed surfaces but all is very good, even is need more tweaking for correct visualization on Blender.

7 Likes

Just found out about this little Addon, exports SubDs to Nurbs/Iges!
https://www.digital-sculptors.com/cms/index.php/software/blender-plugins.html

2 Likes

This the most awaited script, I asked everywhere for something like that, I go to test now, digital sculptor is great developer he make awesome addons for CAD and for Alias he developed also an addon for Alias to export file into blend format for Alias, Thanks you very much to this share

Damn only windows :sob:

Same… shame

I got an answer from the developer and in the future will develop also a version for Linux and mac OS

It’s not bad!
Not open-source, but not bad

But better to share code for users can build it themselves :wink:

Once again I come back to this discussion because there seems to be new news on this topic of NURBS in Blender, the discussion and implementation of better NURBS support in Blender has started again, here the discussion for developers on the dedicated forum, however this discussion is for developers and nothing else.

However I managed to reconstruct the Rhino logo without trimmed surfaces and imported with the old build that imports 3dm files, and as you can see Blender’s NURBS are fantastic even if basic, since they don’t support trimmed surfaces, this model is been heavily edited to get a correct display in Blender 3.0. If anyone wanted to contribute, I think it would be fantastic.

4 Likes