Branding Whore

(Milkdrop) #1

I’m studying graphic design at college at the moment. In this terms brief we are studying corporate identity. I thought it would be a neat idea to use Blender to apply a test logo to a couple of objects that I modelled.

The corporate identity work doesn’t fit the brief so the logos and designs will change over the near future. I still have a long time before this brief is completed so I thought it would be a good idea to get all the 3d crap out the way so I won’t have any problems at the end. I went for a modern look.

The render took about 25 minutes. Theres alot of AA problems on the cd, even though osa was set to 16 and gi quality was set to high with auto AA, so it should be quite smooth. I shall check that out later.

http://www.marc-foley.co.uk/work/web1.jpg

(Starter) #2

I think you should check that the normals (CTRL+N) are correct on that CD. It looks very odd.

(mzungu) #3

Very nice designs, Milkdrop! Yeah, cool use of Blender for your project! I like the way the CD turned out. Looks pretty good to me, if a little thick (or slightly off the table surface) Have you done a color version? Leaving AA on auto for a Yafray render may be where your probs lie. I would definitely set your own manual settings - higher = better/longer render. Browse the yafray.org forum to find out what may be optimal. Great job, tho! I like the logo, too. (“Whohoo! Free matches!” /runs away to torch something… :stuck_out_tongue: )

(juanjavier) #4

Wonderful picture. Though I don’t feel the need of a color version, really…since this one in b/w works perfectly…

Very beautiful, I liked it a lot.

(munkey_mike) #5

Good work. That’s a lot of matches though. I think the image needs more contrast as well. Your teachers will eat this up. I think it would also be a good idea to create inverted versions of the products as well (white on black as opposed to black on white). More products!

(Robin) #6

I think just like everyone else it looks great. But why are you calling it Branding whore.

(tris2004) #7

(“Whohoo! Free matches!” /runs away to torch something… )
Ha ha ha, sounds like me. :smiley:

anyway, nice designs, looks good.
cupple of crits: The CD looks a little to thick, and I agree Ctrl N should do the trick. thats about it i guess.