Br'cks - Advanced Procedural Bricks [Free Download]

Working on it

4 Likes

I’m preparing the sauce for those spaghetti!

Wow, impressive!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

2 Likes

Yay, thanks Bart :slight_smile:

1 Like

upvote for this, I cannot find any good tutorials on this subject :frowning: would pay for a good series

This only means one thing. That node trees are more difficult to read than they are to build.

Regardless, nice shader :slight_smile:

Like I promised, I made a tutorial on making a custom brick shader with this:

Cheers :slight_smile:

11 Likes

You are who I want to be with procedural materials! It’s all so powerful and amazing and your mind is warped just right. :wink: Between you and the guy who broke-it-down for wood floors a few years ago, I’m becoming very confident.

Have you ever published your rig specs? When I get deep, my video card and computer tax my patience. And forget Volume - I can’t render more than a postage stamp in size.

Thank you for keeping the open source spirit of Blender Foundation alive and gifting such powerful know-how.

These are the types of procedurals I love to see in Blender! Excellent work! Blender’s node editor leaves much to be desired in terms of usability, tools, and debugging.

1 Like

Well done, looks amazing

Well done, impressive and thanks for sharing

I’d be interested in a in depth tutorial, even a paid one. I think a lot could be learned from your process that would be more valuable than just a finished end product.

1 Like

this is amazing, now that we can see the potential I think some focused addon can boost power of this workflow and be a valid alternative to substance designer.

next up substance painter! One can dream

Fantastic work !
Very inspiring. Congratulations !

I so need to dive into how you did this. I’m working on a Hexagon precedural shader… and loosing my mind :slight_smile:

Hey Thommes this is a great way for parallel tiled bricks. Is there a way to adjust ur basic brick shader to get a herringbone style. Now it is limited to a certain angle and brick width.

Great work on the nodes man!

I can’t believe you think you kept the node setup to plugin to the brick shader “simple”. My brain hurts after watching that.

1 Like

@Pixelshatter
Hello, Simon!
Thank you for sharing your great shader setups. They are amasing!
Can you help me with my setup, based on your bricks
This is my ref and result

I don’t understand, where is im’ wrong, i try any compositions but no luck(
Is this really possible? or not?)
This is my file
panel-cliff1.blend (3.6 MB)
Friends, thank you all if you can help me)