I’m really glad you appreciate the game ! Since I’m clueless about modelling and animating, your help would be very welcome.
I’m adressing your remarks below :
- maybe make the minimap semi transparent as well :
- Minimap camera shouldn’t be connected with the player’s altitude as it seems to me now. Or you did it other way? The water flickers as camera is changing altitude (though that is true for the first person view as well. Minimap should be smaller with clear indication where is the player.
Minimap camera is indeed parented to the player. I’m looking for a solution to overlay essential gameplay elements (player, balloon, manaballs). Current solution also affects performance way too much, but is the simplest solution I could think of.
- use better video capture program?
Good suggestion. I’m using recordmydesktop on Ubuntu, which is great except it outputs .ogv videos. I converted it before upload on Youtube, but there was a very visible loss.
- Balon got stuck in the base of castle when returning with mana.
Working on it
- Turned manaballs roll over the terrain way too much. Add some fricition?
Great suggestion. Sometimes the balloon has to travel great distances because of this.
- You can build your castle on top of enemy castle and enemy castle can spawn on top of houses.
I’m going to examine how the original handles this.
- Left-right click + mouse scroll for changing spells is awkward. Can you make it as in the original?
In the original you had to press enter to show the map in fullscreen and select your spell. It was not really practical in the middle of combat.
- Could you add an inverse mouse up-down option? Seems I’ve got used to the other way. Probably other users will be too so it will be a handy option to have.
- There is some flickering of the terain and water caused by the lod (?) When looking down pretty obvious.
I’ve currently no idea how to fix this. I think it’s caused by the terrain generation algorithm : frustum culling thinks the object is outside the field of view, but the modified mesh in inside.
- Birds are scary! they could use some more speed. I can outrun them flying backwards
They are meant to be easy but surprising and harassing monsters
- Caught a glimpse of the enemy wizard. Isn’t he flying too high?
The wizard AI is completely numb for the moment.
- Spells effects shouldn’t be affected by the worlds lights.
Good point. Spells models are placeholders for now. Ideally, I’m going to use a particle emitter for spells.
- When using the “hill” spell on the ground plate’s edges it looks really weird
Terrain modification is the feature that needs the most debugging. It’s a real nightmare.
- Make aim either a little bit smaller or thinner so it does not obstruct much the view.