Brutalism with Octane - first steps

Hi All
I started learning Octane recently (thanks @3Dshaker for tutorials). And these are my results. I tried to recreate some of the brutalism architecture. It is not too many materials and I can concentrate on concrete mostly. Please let me know what do you think.

Textures from all over the internet.
No 3rd assets.

23 Likes

Any noticeable advantages over Cycles?

2 Likes

Octane has a certain painterly look that you just don’t get in other renderers. Is it better or worse? That’s in the eye of the beholder. There are also some useful nodes that allow you to get some procedural effects which would require a more complex node tree in other renderers.

2 Likes

From a very newbie experience, it is faster. displacement works better/simpler. Glass is very easy to set up in archiviz (not on these ones but I made a manor house as well but that was after experimenting in this project).

Looks great

1 Like

thank you very much

This architecture looks amazing, I specially like the third render because it looks like a gothic cathedral made of concrete :smirk:

1 Like

Thank you. I know, I would love to be so clever architect. That was the first and the last because I went back to it and redo the materials UVs.

1 Like

It looks amazing!
We are so proud that our tutorials helped you,
we are preparing more videos thanks to people like you who motivate us :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you.
And you are motivating me!
:slight_smile:

1 Like