Bsurfaces v1.5

Hi! Tell me please if Bsurfaces addon released as GPL that’s mean that default Blender addon “Bsurfaces GPL edition” is the same thing as former pay version of Bsurface. So why in the manual there is such words: "Now Bsurfaces v 1.5 is listed among the addons. Make sure the “Bsurfaces GPL edition” is deactivated. I try to understand is the default “Bsurfaces GPL edition” in last version of Blender has all the functions? or there is still some “pro” version of this addon?

If I remember right, the “pro” version was just a newer version than what was available for free. I think the free version (“GPL edition”) was 0.8 or 0.9 and pro was the 1.5 version. So current version shipping with Blender should have everything original “pro” version had.

It was a similar setup to what CG Cookie is doing with their RetopoFlow add-on, there’s an old version available for free on GitHub and the newest “pro” version can be purchased on Blender Market.

If that wording is in the manual it’s probably because the manual has not updated in a long time.

bSurfaces was for about year available as a paid version, to pay for development. The author of the addon promised to release it as GPL after a year, and did. The one shipped with Blender is the same as the Pro version.

With regards to retopoflow, the stable version on Github is always the same as the latest version on Blendermarket (difference being that by buying on the market, you get developer support, and help fund further development). In fact you can find newer versions available (in beta state) on github, than on Blendermarket (only stable versions). To try the new 2.0, just change to 2.0 branch…

Interesting, I must have been looking at an older fork of the project without realizing it.