Bsurfaces v1.5

Brilliant Tools Sir! btw what theme are you using with your blender?

already bought :slight_smile:

Hi cekuhnen,

I am completely agree with you that the combination of both is the best, and I really hope that the future NURBS integration in Blender will offer us a modelling tool of professional level.

As for BSurfaces AddOn, I was also deeply impressed by the re-topology tool set, and the easiness by which the violin was modelled in the last part of the video. This is definitely a must-have tool.

Just wanted to say that this is an excellent addition to the Blender toolset. Furthermore you business model is admirable an honest, letting everyone know that it will be available for free down the line, and you deserve every cent you get. If I wasn´t flat broke I would chip in in a heartbeat, as I´m sure many already has. We have to remember, though, that while having a finished product and feature videos to showcase it is always preferable, some developers are just not fortunate enough to be able to spend this amount of time on something like this without econonomic assistance during the process. Thank you sir for your contribution, and thanks to all Blender developers staying on the bleeding edge of 3d technology!

Thanks again for all the positive attitude :slight_smile:

Also, to the Modo people, thanks for the enthusiasm!

As I’ve been asked by people from other softwares which are not familiar with installing add-ons in Blender, I’ve added some installation info in the first post.

Also for those who donate, keep in mind that if the sum of someone’s donations reaches the price I’ll send a free copy to you. Just send me an e-mail to support (at) bsurfaces.info to let me know.

Thanks for clearing that up. Credit card is valid too not just PayPal.

One thing… after watching this I was wondering if there is any feature planned that would let me import artwork and have it converted for use as strokes in Bsurfaces…
When testing things up I could import SVG curves from Inkscape, you may want to try the SVG import add-on for that. Don’t know if there are importers for other vectors formats.

That’s true… words of an expert ;).

Brilliant Tools Sir! btw what theme are you using with your blender?

That’s a nice thing to say for everyone working in Blender. Thanks :wink:

As for the NURBS subject, it keeps surprising me. Among the first people I showed this tool, some referred to NURBS, and it was a bit suprising for me. And now that is released there’s more. It makes sense and is quite flattering. I’m just surprised because I’ve always seen this tool as a way to generate a lot of polygons in a subdivision modeling workflow. Is nice to see NURBS people interested in this tool as a complement.

Extremely impressive! You are certainly turning many heads that usually wouldn’t even consider Blender. I look forward to seeing this beast develop further.

Eclectiel, the retopology alone would make this worth the money you are asking, but it is soooo much more than that :slight_smile: I will try to get this next payday! I am very impressed, and I like the video examples.

Just bought it and playing with it now. Excellent for retopology. One cheeky request/suggestion: It would be very helpful if drawing the grease pencil from empty space, across a mesh (an arm for example), would create a closed loop automatically. I know this is being tackled in one of this year’s GSOC projects, but I’m awfully impatient. Is development of the tool ongoing, or is it effectively finished now? In any case, fantastic work from the developer, well done and thanks.

Just bought it, not so much because I need it (I’m not as active with blender atm) but because for the good cause.
As such I’m wondering if you will accept donations even after the payment period is over?

If I get certain quantity that somebody is pending to send me to my paypal, I’ll certainly buy this, even if is gonna be free in 9 months. Just to help. This kind of thing is SO key for commercial level work (retopology and much more, with an excellent gui/workflow) .I just have it at zero after last domains payment plus a blender character animation book… :o

Really worth it. Indeed, I wont need it in some months, and however, I’ve always modeled and done retopology by hand, so I could go without it, but am the kind of guy that prefers to improve and speed workflows wherever possible. So, I’d actually would use it.

PD: Very well done video, btw, I do that as part of my job, and I know how hard it is to make a good video demo…

What version of blender is this for? I just installed it and it’s not showing up on my shelf. Or maybe I am missing something?

EDIT

You have to be in edit mode.

You guys should watch and pay close attention to the retopology workflow this add-on enables you to use.

Just amazing. I wrote a review and it will be soon posted on Blendernation.
BSurfaces should be in trunk and part of Blender to be honest.

It should work with 2.57 and 2.58.

As per SeanJM’s comment, does this thing come with a manual?

The PDF that is included is pretty good, it’s just missing a block at the top that says “Make sure to be in edit mode to access the functionality”

Ah, good news then- thanks for the info

@megatrousers.
Something like that was in the plans at a moment, but wasn’t sure if the way I thought to implement it was viable or not. So really no promises.

@klesus
Thanks ;). And haven’t decided that yet.

@Extrudeface.
Thanks for all that :wink:

Jay

this is the process:

First select the bezier curve object
shift select the mesh object
enter mesh edit mode

perform Bsurfaces commands

or

select mesh object
enter edit mode
draw with grease pencil curves
perform BSurfaces command.

I think this workflow is not so easy to grasp from the PDF.

I’m gathering the info to communicate those things clearly.

I bought my copy days ago… combined with the looptools and the other addon, modeling in blender is pretty smooth.

Will interactivity be added? : you modify strokes (or curves) and the mesh changes interactively (no need recreate surface)