Bu||[X] F1 contest entry - halo material and.. a bug?

i will be intrested to see how this turns out. good luck!!

I dont want to sound, too negative but… There might be bit problem here.

Blender F1 rules wrote:

The ONLY design criteria required is that all entries must make use of an open-cockpit configuration common to contempory Formula One cars.

Wikipedia wrote:

Cockpit as a term for the pilot’s compartment in an aircraft first appeared in 1914 and from about 1935 cockpit also came to be used informally to refer to the driver’s seat of a car, especially a high performance one, and this is official terminology in Formula One.
I wonder how you are going to pull this off?

no worries, you are not negative…here is my point of view

if a unicycle, with it’s saddle and a human pilot is elegible to partecipate to the contest… (and it has been) i think this also shuold be accepted…
a saddle is only a way to allow the pilot to stay on the vehicle, i just thinked to a different method…some kind of “cybernetic connection” between pilot and vehicle…

as you can see in the picture the pilot is non “inside” somewhere, he is plein air so my point is it can be considered open cockpit.
Let me know if you agree or what do you think.
http://www.idstudio.it/bullx/open.jpg

heh heh I lol’d

Well i am no judge here. Its all up to the man behind the contest really. But imho, the rules should be maybe bit more tigher. :S

Looks like an antialiasing problem. I recommend to set some id to object, and to fix this with compositing nodes, with ID mask & blur effect.

I might suggest using and emit value rather than halos

Maybe put “Full OSA” on the Halo (mat. settings), although again, emit value would be better. Turn on Radio and it’s blingy!

@Tcrazy: That wont change it. Its the fact that the contrast is so high. Try high OSA and samplesmodes of pixel blending(wait, whats it called?..) to fix it, though that may not work for sure. High contrast makes for harsher edges period.