I started this last night, mostly to help test/bug-hunt the new mesh editing tools in a practical situation, and also dust off my character modelling skills (haven’t done much of this in a while, so I’m a bit rusty). So far I’ve found a few nasty bugs, most of which were fixed quite soon after they were reported. So remember, if you find bugs, don’t just sit and think ‘darn’, report them, so they can be fixed!
I’m using some photos I took while travelling in south east Asia this year for reference and inspiration. So far, I’ve done the head and roughed out the body shape. He’ll be sitting in either the Vitarka Mudra or Bhumisparsha Mudra position, still haven’t decided yet. Maybe I won’t even finish it at all, if it ends up taking too long (too much to do)
TODO: Finish shaping the body, hands, feet, hair, orange cloth.