Buffer Blaster (a PC)

(UnknowVector) #1

This isn’t my first project I’ve worked on, and its the third I’ve posted here, so I’m putting this one in this forum in the hopes of getting some replies that can really help, you guys are cool.

Anyway, I’m not sure whats up with the mouse, but other than that, next up is a back for the monitor and a keyboard (thats gonna be hard I think…), followed by some smoke.

Attachments

0 Likes

(joeab) #2

Theres a bit that i can see needs to be done… ill arange it in skill levels…

easy:
subsurface the mouse and maby the speakers
make a floor plate for reflections

medium:
better lighting
ambient oclusion
maby a bump map on the case plastics…

hard:
make the textures a bit better…(ive put this in hard because it is incredibly hard to do good textures…)

hope your not disheartened… i think its good so far… but you did ask for ways to improve…

Joe

0 Likes

(UnknowVector) #3

I’m working on what I can of those right now, though I’m not sure about the texture (I’ve never made a descent texture that wasn’t a procedural) I’ll see what I can do, thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes

(UnknowVector) #4

I’m working on what I can of those right now, though I’m not sure about the texture (I’ve never made a descent texture that wasn’t a procedural) I’ll see what I can do, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: Ive only had about 20 minutes to work, but at least new people can see the tower’s trim complete and a non-floating monitor. I’ll be remaking the mouse from scratch since it now looks like a melted lump of cheese-wax under the low-grade AO.

EDITEDIT: O.O guess I didn’t hit the “edit” button… now wheres the “delete post” button, sorry.

Attachments

0 Likes

(BlackBoe) #5

The computer screen material should probably have the emit power cranked up a bit.

0 Likes

(UnknowVector) #6

Render, emit up, some better lighting, a new mouse (in progress, but not made of wax XD), and a stock texture background, once I get around to connecting my camera I’ll have a new wood texture from my house.

+3 (wire frames - the mouse) +1 (3/4 wire frame - the mouse) The weird floating thing to the left in most of the wires is the mouse wheel btw

Thank you for the help guys, I’ll try to texture some nice spec onto that plastic once I’ve got a few more meshes done, Ill hope for a big update tomorrow.

Attachments

0 Likes

(joeab) #7

Looks alot better…

still think the texture is a bit suspect… try fiddling with the shader…

0 Likes

(UnknowVector) #8

The keyboard wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be, all the keys are one mesh, so I’m planning to slap a UV on-top of them and work from that, I wasn’t exactly working with a ruler on my own keyboard, so I’m going to need to invent a couple of letters and fill in a few F4.5s, but it shouldn’t be too bad.

Still no texturing work done, sorry, the mouse looks better though, and the speakers have some cables now. Thanks for all the help guys, and sorry for the sparse updating over the last few days, I had a few big projects due and a couple of days with no time for blender.

O yeah, I don’t know whats up with some of those keys… uhh… heh

Attachments

0 Likes

(drhavanger) #9

looks good. widen the tower a little bit. add power lights to the tower, monitor, and speakers. add the num lock, caps lock and scroll lock lights to your keyboard. may want to check the normals of your keyboard, make sure they all are pointing out, might fix the issue with the keys. curve or slope your mouse. could take it a step further and put a window in the side panel of your tower and show off the insides, maybe add some neat lighting inside. table is too reflective, looks cool but not realistic.

0 Likes