Eeeek! I got a new machine and the latest blender and thought I’d be in heaven, but it turns out to be hell!
My problem: the GUI appears to take up massive amounts of processing power. This happens after about 5 minutes of work in Blender 2.33a with a really simple scene. Blender starts to get unusable by then: GUI-elements won’t respond to clicks anymore, or clicks are registered but executed seconds after I actually hit the mouse-button etc. It makes using blender practically impossible. Rotating and paning of the scene also won’t work anymore. After restarting the app everything works well again, for about another 5 minutes.
processor: AMD 64 3000+
mainboard: DFI K8M800-MLV
memory: DDR 333 (1 GB)
gfx-card: ATI Radeon 9600 XP by Sapphire
gfx-driver: Omega 2.5.51 (based on Catalyst 4.6)
system: WinXP SP-1
Blender Version: 2.33a
I’m in need of help pretty badly as there’s a commercial project I’ve got to get going by tomorrow.