Bug or what?

I have downloaded the new blender and have some strange behavings in editmode: RMB a Ve and it does not select, insted a other one in a distand region of the model got selected!? This is random if I rotate the view it change even box select does not work correct! Deselct all B make box, result: not all Ve in Box got selected but others not in the box, looks random even after some playing with it!

Blender 2.35 and 2.36 rc1 same problem
WinXP SP1
Asus A7N8X
AMD XP 2800+
1GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5600

File:Phoenix

To trigger the Bug?™ enter editmode and RMB Ve’s on the right side.

Thanks, Dominik

That is weird, and wrong. Does the same happen in Solid mode (Z)?

%<

Yes it does!

Some other thing is: Some tims the 3d window gets black with red dots as Ve and red lins as edges blending in to the dark??? This is random(EDIT: no it is not it coms if I hover over a button with the context help) as well but only if I am not in this window(EDIT: wrong triggers on all buttons).
strange linesEdit Mode texture shading mode

Dominik

OK, try setting your color depth in Display settings in the control pannel to 16 or 24, and drop your hardware acceleration in the Advanced tab. One or the other or both might help.

%<

?

Will try it.

Dominik

16bit and no mouse accel gives a good freakshow, if I move over the buttons the dittering starts (looks like 8bit) the longer I move over the buttons the more white and pink gets mixed in.

Dominik

Not mouse acceleration, hardware driver acceleration.

%<

It is the same slider.

Dominik

PS: Things go worst not better this way and after some playing with it, IMHO this is no go. Previouse Blender versions are not known to do things like this on my machine with my normal settings!

Well the only thing that’s changed for display in the new version is some new OpenGL stuff, so you may want to look at the OGL drivers. Sorry I can’t help more than that.

%<

Will use 2.34 then to do the work!

Dominik

PS: Retested in 2.34 all is fine.