Build-A-Bod , Blender Pages

(Jon Lorz) #1

This is Build A Bod , very useful for quick model building and very detailed , a note of caution though
it builds only male and female, Not appropriate for children or work ( Full On Adult Anatomically Correct Models ) with a full rig that is very detailed , its not software , more like an add-on with nothing to install , each page is a Blend with the program built in , downside very little in the way of facial modification, its all in the body here folks . Credit for this little Gem goes to [Neroticus]
hope everyone finds it useful.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Build-A-Bod is an intermediate/advanced resource for creating bodies in Blender for head hacks, etc.
Notes: There are no head/face specific shape keys, this is for creating bodies only
UV maps but no textures included , Armature/skeleton is extremely basic but is full rig , face , body ,hands , feet , ect.
Build-A-Bod

So to be sure I have not run afoul of anyone I have decided it best to leave a link to where to find this.

Build-A-Bod ( Blender Pages )
(Safetyman) #2

I’ll give it a whirl.

(Jon Lorz) #3

I just use it cause I’m to green to use the rest of Blender right now , I have been playing hell trying to use my makehuman stuff in Blender , cant get the rigs to bind to the mesh , not sure if I have a program error with my Blender or its just me but trying to generate material and characters for a new game , kind of a madmax meets the spartan female warriors in a weird twist on the GTA\SA idea for anyone interested in joining the fray . Planing to use the hidden adult idea as in the SA game hence the adult characters , but with a more modern twist post apocalyptic look.sort of half old Greek , have modern look.with lots of warfare to go with it.

(XYZero) #4

Will this work in 2.80?

(Safetyman) #5

Hmmm – I’m not sure if you should be sharing these models since they are straight out of Daz|Studio. You may want to check their EULA. Correct me if I’m wrong.

(Jon Lorz) #6

I don’t know if you are or are not to be honest , I don’t have Daz , I
got them from here :
and am using them on 2.79b

Adult Site Not Appropriate for Work or Children

(XYZero) #10

Models from straight out of DAZ do not have genitals.
Having said that, male/female models in the downloads do look like G3 models.
Going to have to check later when I have some time.
The downloads do open in 2.80, so I assume that this is not an ADDON.
Just .blend files

(Jon Lorz) #11

thanks I have re-posted them , let me know if you find they are an issue and thanks again.

(Jon Lorz) #12

So it turns out these files are okay to post so :slight_smile:

These files are not appropriate for work or children

BuildABod_Female_1_3
warrior%20girl

Its like a add-on with nothing to add just two Blender pages , one male and one female
and is apparently good for 2.80 and 2.79b and probable older additions also.
These are ( working ) anatomically correct models and very detailed as is the application,
Build-A-Bod is an intermediate/advanced resource for creating bodies in Blender for head hacks, etc. or just making a model quickly , not much for head and face work
Hope you find it usefull
( Credit goes to Neroticus
Notes:
There are no head/face specific shape keys, there are however shape keys
for everything else , use your imagination , this is for creating bodies ,very
detailed body’s , UV maps but no textures included
Armature/skeleton is extremely basic, but is a full rig ,face,hands feet ,ect
Just unzip and use , I have been exporting as a DAE or FBX file when I have
my model build and re-importing to normal Blender when I’m ready to continue
working the model.

BuildABod_Female_1_3.7z (4.2 MB)
BuildABod_Male_1_3.7z (2.9 MB)

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

(FinalBarrage) #13

Merged threads.