Build request: Blender 2.34 for mdk 10

Hi,

could somebody make a compilation of Blender 2.34 for Linux Mandrake 10.0 Community? I lost my high speed connection for a low :frowning: because I moved from a flat to a house :slight_smile:

Only a binary built by tormented (http://home.ntelos.net/~jayzus, but it’s actually down…) actually lets me use blender 2.33a on Mdk. All the current builds are for a glibc 2.2.5 (or so it seems) and I ned one for (I guess) the 2.3 series.

Moreover, I can’t use urpmi to download the package from the MandrakeClub because my internal RTC low speed modem can’t work within Mdk, only from winXP.

So I’d be really glad if someone could compile for me a special 2.34 build for Mdk 10 CE :-?

what is wong with the 2.34 tar.gz on blender3d.org?

iirc you just had to instal another libstdc library [version] for it to work

The trouble is that I never found the correct rpm on the Internet containing the correct libstdc and that was not conflicting with all my installed libraries… Even on the Mandrakeclub download section.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact I installed the Community version instead of the Official, though… :frowning:

Thank you for answering, though… :slight_smile:

Hmm strange… I use Mdk 10 Comunity too. 2.34 tar.gz works just fine for me and I have glibc that comes with distro installed.

:expressionless:

I changed NOTHING from my Mandrake 10 Community, apart from the regular updates of software. They are supposed to be consistent with the distro. So I don’t understand why something that works for you won’t work for me.

I only tried the dynamic version, and ebrain’s one (in the Testing builds forum over at blender.org) which I suppose is a dynamic one, too. I’ll give a try to the static one but I don’t know how the libstdc file thingy is linked to either a dynamic or a static.

And you, LifeRow, do you use the static or the dynamic version?

I use dynamic version.
Staticaly linked one doesn’t support hardware 3d accelaration (= runs slow).

What error do you get when you try starting Blender ?

I’ve got the following lines:

./blender: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help is welcome… I switched back to windows for evaluating v2.34, and continue to work on the v2.33 under Linux when no new feature is involved. :frowning: