Building Blender LANPR branch, questions?

I have been building LANPR branch, and posting it to GraphicAll.org successfully, but I have a new question:

In D5442#148082, @YimingWu (NicksBest) wrote:

use temp-lanpr-review branch to compile.

I wrote Yiming Wu with this question:

Currently building LANPR branch for GraphicAll.org, and I am using temp-lanpr-cleanup2 successfully, but get ‘not found’ if I try the temp-lanpr-review with git. Are any of these changes migrated to ‘cleanup2’ yet.
Trying to keep the builds contemporary to development progress. Great to see all of the effort. Thank you one and all.

YimingWu (NicksBest) added a comment.Wed, Dec 4, 4:22 AM

Don’t know why but I’m able to push and pull on remote branch temp-lanpr-review. Maybe try git pull once and see? I’m not quite sure about how the script works. You can apply this patch to master and compile. the older branches are not used as of now.

Are the changes on the branch temp-lanpr-review, pushed to temp-lanpr-cleanup2?? As I want to build the most contemporary version possible.

Anybody able to understand this question and assist my efforts. Thank you.

1 Like

You can try the script “git checkout temp-lanpr-review”

Thank you for your response, it was/is much more helpful than all that I have gotten before. I am ‘passingly literate’ in the field of compiling Blender from source and work with direction that I have been able to follow. Your script, initially gave me a ‘puzzle’ as I was told to ‘push’ several files before proceeding. Instead, I located them, in their selected folders, moved them to the desktop for archiving, then ran your script, followed by ‘make release.’ I am in the process of compiling and far more comprehensive Blender than I had before, and it prompted me to ‘download’ an extensive library, before building. Can’t wait to see what I get at the end, before posting it to GraphicAll.org, as it looks way more extensive. Thank you for the assistance in this regard. Others will benefit also.