Building Tools

Hi everyone, I am introducing Building Tools, an addon I have been working on to simplify creation of building exteriors.

Here is an early preview video to showcase some of the currently working tools.

Get the addon here: https://github.com/ranjian0/building_tools/

More Updates Will be rolling in.

29 Jan 2019 - UPDATE !!!

• Initial Blender 2.8 support is now available in the Github repository as a separate
    branch here

• New Roof tools have been added. Demo will be coming soon.

As always, use with caution. Cheers.

6 May 2020 - UPDATE !!!

Just released v1.0.0-alpha of building tools. You can get it here. I encourage you all to test it out and report any issues you may come across on the github page here.

Cheers.

SOME NEW VIDEOS FROM THE COMMUNITY!

1. From askNK Youtube Channel.
  1. From Lucky Kadam Youtube Channel.
  1. From Gamefromscratch Youtube Channel.

Development is ongoing for 1.0-beta release. Get the addon and submit feedback here.
As always, cheers and keep safe during these strange times!

11 June 2020 - UPDATE !!!

:boom: Now Available v1.0.1 :boom:

Some bugfixes from v1.0.0.

:point_right: GET IT HERE :point_left:

Support the development of building tools by becoming a patreon.

20 Likes

this would be great to help with making videogames.

Hey mate, this addon looks gorgeous. Good luck in it! I’ll surely use this :blush:

Wow, this really looks amazing. Definitely looking forward to trying this!

Wow, this looks really easy to use!

Wow! really cool and useful Plug-in :slight_smile: Are rooftops with antennas etc and presets planned? thank you for sharing the early preview, works like a charm :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch, can hardly wait to start playing with it.

Great work with this addon I can’t wait to try it

This is pretty cool!

Anyone made any nice buildings with this yet, with uv and materials?

Nice idea and good work. Thanks

does anyone know how to install this?it does not tell you on the GitHub page.

My bad. I just updated with installation instructions. cheers.

why am I getting this error?

Read prefs: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\Users\owner\Desktop\Release\2.79\python
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\window\window_ops.py”, line 18, in execute
Window.build(context, self.props)
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\window\window.py”, line 19, in build
make_window(**kwargs_from_props(props))
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\window\window_types.py”, line 37, in make_window
make_window_fill(bm, face, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\window\window_types.py”, line 107, in make_window_fill
fill_louver(bm, face, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\util_fill\fill_types.py”, line 208, in fill_louver
key= lambda e: calc_edge_median(e).z)
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\door\door_ops.py”, line 19, in execute
Door.build(self.props)
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\door\door.py”, line 19, in build
make_door(**kwargs_from_props(props))
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\door\door_types.py”, line 39, in make_door
face = make_door_split(bm, face, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\core\door\door_types.py”, line 64, in make_door_split
return split(bm, face, size.y, size.x, off.x, off.y, off.z)
File “C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\building_tool-master\utils\util_mesh.py”, line 145, in split
set([round(v.co.z, 1) for v in e.verts])) == 1, face.edges))
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘edges’

Brilliant! And useful. Just one thing is missing; the roof.

Working On IT: See planned features here: https://trello.com/b/CK0O4MjA

Kindly create a new issue here: https://github.com/ranjian0/building_tool/issues
with the steps that produce the error.

Downloaded the addon and after pressing a few buttons, some unwrap and texture got this:
BuildTools_02

I will explore the rest of the addon.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Good. Anyway it doesn’t let me access Trello, it says the board is private…

Good idea and usefully. Thanks

Looks promising! Thanks