Bullet Integration Todo List (Poll)

I hope that a simple destructability editor GUI can be created in this branch.
It would probably be a simplest workflow than one launching game engine.

@eversimo: thank you, will check it tomorrow

@eversimo: OK, I tried the build, nice looking UI :slight_smile: but objects are falling but without collision :frowning:
Also blender crash quite often. Is there any critical moment in setup to good to know? thanks for help.

@zeauro: thanks for news, hope to see some newer build soon

I had the same problem… but it’s not a problem (my opinion)! When you add an “active” object or a “passive” object in rigidbody tools, they are created with “mesh shape” and Aligorith talked some time ago about this limitation… objects that are “mesh shape” won’t collide. All you need to do is to change the shape to some other that fits with your scene, in most cases the “convex hull” shape will do the work.
The “mesh shape” is for deformed terrains with mountains or a displaced mesh…

Works great !
Is there a cache system somewhere?

@eversimo: thanks for help, but it’s not working. strange think is that liero’s demo files works. Also if I place cube or whatever (even it’s mesh shape) it works (if it’s not crash immediately :slight_smile: I have gently and slowly do my operations … :slight_smile:

I can post blend, but setup cube-active and plane-passive actor - there is nothing to do in a wrong way.
I checked several times setup liero’s files and I can see differences . . .

Can you save your file and post here?

vklidu> same here, just try to begin with 2 cube and scale one on z axis (and make it passive, converH), it should works.

Edit : Seems to work now with a plane, can’t explain that

It’s working for me! I don’t understand what is going on… It would be nice to see your files…

behavior is very strange - when I set object it becomes green (automatically in Riggid Body Group) and when I setuped second object and I select first one it became orange as other ungrouped objects, but in group pallet it is in a group list. (so it’s maybe only some display problem)

when I rotate a cube a bit and hit play anim (Alt+A) it jumps back (without rotation), when I escape anim it’s rotated and on second Alt+A try it falls as rotated.

I tried to assign cube shape-cube - zero success, than I set convex, cube without rotation jumped 3times and on fourth felt throw a plane. When I rotate a cube a bit it goes throw immediately.

https://files.me.com/depo/3z46qe

now I opened saved file - objects are green (as suppose to be) and when the falling cube touch the plane- cube appears (when was rotated falls throw the plane as before)
(in other tries cube went throw the plane and speed up when passed the plane)

iMac 27" OS X 10.7.3 Intel Core i7

vklidu,

It bugs like crazy for me to… First I set a scene up, then I didn’t get collision. So I removed the rigidbody’s and did it over again, with the same objects, and all the physics instantly went to $h!t, objects randomly flying all over, hehe…

Demohero’s build on my home box, Win8/i7/16Gb…

OK.
Here’s what I got with your file:

• You need to “Apply Scale” on you ground plane! Always work with scale value as 1.000. Aligorith said some time ago that he had solved this problem but it seems to be present yet…
  • The transformed values of the active object after it’s creation don’t work with just one playback, you need to pause and jump to start frame to take the new transformation in account. It’s a normal and know behavior. It’s something related to cache, I think.
    Try to do this and tell me what you got, please.

@eversimo

I know you didn’t write that to me, but my issues as stated above was with transformations applied. I always do that as it’s an issue in Maya since forever… But my scenes still bug like crazy.

What build do you use?

I use my own build on OS X. I can’t tell you the revision because Aligorith replaced the revision number by “rexporte” word…
I solved the crazy behavior just applying the ground scale in the vklidu file. It worked fine!
Your scene is the same of the of the vklidu? If not, can you upload it here?

I didn’t save it, but I can try again and upload it… :slight_smile:

LOL… First, I didn’t save the scene. Second, I deleted the build. So I re-downloaded the build and recreated the scene - and it worked perfectly… So I obviously did something stupid the first time around. ;D

@eversimo: so, what to say . . . ehm . . . sorry, now I am ashamed . . .
I was sure scale was applied. It works great now. It’s just awesome. GE is maybe much more powerful, but for me that don’t know how to use game engine effectively (and in many cases I needed physics with objects already animated too) is this bullet integration paradise.

Thanks for your big help and your time because of my stupidity.

Is it possible to record movement of the objects? If not - is it possible to change Motion Paths into a curve?
Is it possible to create kind of a rope using this feature?

And by the way - absolutely fantastic stuff! Thank you, Aligorith!

@rozmiarek: if i right understood your question - so, you can record object movement and with “Simplify Curve” add-on you can a bit clean keyframes so later you can activate “Motion Trail” add-on to see f-curves as path in 3D view and edit it as path.

in attached screencast I didn’t change path enough, so zero differences, but I hope idea is clear.
Video is not about recording bullets physics - that is what I would like to know :slight_smile:

Edit: liero, now I see in your script folder “bake_rigidbody_anim.py”, is it what I was asking for?
When I select shards and run the script it gives me error and erase bulet physics