Bullet Physics Help, Please...

(matthewsjc1) #1

Hello all,

So far, I'm loving the bullet physics engine... I have one problem with my FPS setup though... It works perfect with the regular sumo engine, but as soon as I flip on the bullet physics, the left and right mouse controls get flipped. Now, I can correct this by changing the int. property on the camera from +180 to -180, but then the up and down are reversed... I'm desperate. I can't seem to figure out how to get everything fixed and use bullet physics at the same time... If ANYONE can help me with this, I would be very deeply appreciative!!! Here's a link to the file with the setup. Just run game and move the mouse and you'll see what I mean... Here it is:

http://checkoutdahl.com/blendfile/universalfps.blend

The file was saved using the bullet physics custom build that I got here:

http://www.freeuploader.com/download_viewer.php/9d80e7920f9420a0a246583ac07e90ca.html

Thank you very much!!!
,Jared

(HERETIC) #2

the Bullet physic engine very -bad- upgrade, not for games.
-O D E- good variantle

(z3r0 d) #3

wrong!!!

well the inputs being reversed seems like a bug. [please try to make sure the proper people notice]

Also, whatever fps script you’re using you should be able to easily modify to invert only one axis.

(matthewsjc1) #4

The thing is… I didn’t write the script. Someone else did. I’m only mediocre at python. I don’t know it too well. I need someone with more experience to look at it and fix it. Thanx.

,Jared

(iconjunky) #5

If you place a - sign before the 2 parts which read:

(XDiff/Own.move)

So it`ll be:

-(XDiff/Own.move)

Python is well worth trying to learn, just the basics make blender even better. :slight_smile:

(matthewsjc1) #6

Many, many thanks to you sir… You have helped me emmensly! I am planning on learning python better. I know some of the basics, but I seem to have a problem. I follow a tutorial, but I keep getting a message like: ‘can’t find actuator’ or something similar. for example (may not be correct, but just as example):

controller = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
owner = controller.getOwner()

move = controller.getActuator(“move”)
#everything’s good to this point, but It happens once I add:

speed = move.getDLoc()[1]

It prints out that message about not being able to find actuator. It exists in the logic bricks. I don’t get it… That’s when I sorta stopped playing with Python, 'cause I couldn’t do anything if the actuators wouldn’t work. Thank you!!!

,Jared

(Dr S) #7

the actuator needs to be linked to the python script or the script cant find it

Dr S