Bullet Physics in 2.45

Are there some new tutorials on the use of physics in 2.45? For example, when bullet is selected there are no Fh options.

Fh, form and anisotropic friction have never worked with Bullet. In other words, pressing those buttons had no effect when Bullet was used.

Why is that anyway? I would like to have Fh, Form, and Anisotropic Friction back.

You have to ask Erwin, he’s the one developing Bullet. I really would like to see anisotropic friction in Bullet. In my opinion Fh isn’t so essential because Bullet has clearly better collision detection than the old Sumo physics engine.

Fh, form and anisotropic friction have never worked with Bullet

not true. i know form used to work =P

Ok, form might have worked. I never used it.

Yeah, form did work (and I used it regularly), but it was taken out (along with the others) because the interface was deemed “too complicated”.

If I remember the official reason correctly, they said that not many people were using those options and it made the physics system too daunting for beginners. If you want them back, start a petition or something :wink:

If you want them back, start a petition or something :wink:
Oh, why not? Would you like some online support ?:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create-online-petition;)

DISCLAIMER: That’s a joke, not a recommendation. I simply googled the above web-site. It’s free of indecent pics, thats all i know about this site and its purpose.

I didn’t know what was useful about form other then slowing the rotation of objects, but I’m guessing rotational damping can do the same thing.

Perhaps have a simple and advanced section for the physics tab, advanced could be clicked and you would have your advanced options like form.