Bullitt Mustang / Blender Eevee

I started with a very basic mustang model I found online, but ended up re-modelling and detailing quite a bit. All texturing of the Mustang was done by me inside Blender using procedural maps and textures from Poliigon and CC0 Textures. Rendered using Blender Eevee. Scroll to the bottom of my post to see some screen captures of this scene.

Using a simple noise texture node as a mask for my worn paint look, really nothing complicated here as the worn “base” paint image helps sell the realism.

A closer look at the American Racing wheel I modeled for the car. The tire tread is purely a bump map, the side wall I recreated in Photoshop to be a period correct 60’s Firestone. These wheels have a very clean polygon layout I tried to keep them as simple as possible.

I didn’t model this shipping container, but I did create a node setup that allows for variations in color and weathering when duplicating the container.

A look at the scene I created for some recent renderings of my Bullitt Mustang model rendered using Eevee. The lag in the scene is due to the duplicated container, which should have been substituted for a lower poly one for the ones in the background, lesson learned.

97 Likes

wooow! That’s absolutely stunning. Congrats.
The way you handle the lighting and Gi is crazy

1 Like

Thank you!

What the…!?! I’m speechless, sublime work…

2 Likes

Speechless…

1 Like

Eevee skills - 100

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

Very nice. I like the lighting. The water in the first picture looks a bit unrealistic. Try adding ripples on the surface with sculpting so that the reflection is a bit distorted.

Thanks. There is a subtle ripple as a bump map, if you Google images of Puddles you’ll see on a still day they can be like mirrors, that was the effect I was going for.

Awesome work again! You’ve definitely got a strong grasp on lighting and texturing with EEVEE, and your classic car modeling skills aren’t to shabby either. :wink:

Excellent stuff!

Tim

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m normally really not into car renders (in fact I think they are about the most boring CG-clichée ever), but this is some seriously great work. Something more that needs to go to featured row right now.

greetings, Kologe

1 Like

Thanks I really appreciate that, cheers!

Woooowwww! Amazing just amazing! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you!

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great weekend!

1 Like

Cheers Bart, thanks and have a good one!

1 Like

big job, well done.

1 Like

These are quite cool, and I like the variety you’ve given to the different shots here. I’m still taking baby steps towards Eevee; so far I’m okay with diffuse/overcast lighting, but still struggle when it comes to harder, more direct environment lighting. Would you be able to talk about the lighting approach to took for the daylight images? They look lovely!

1 Like

Just awesome. Hope you show us your EEVEE SETTINGS and of course, the shaders if it possible. :wink:
Regards,
Odilkhan Yakubov.

1 Like