Bumpy edge of biscuit

Could someone please explain how I could go about creating the edges of this biscuit? I’ve been trying for a while but not getting very far.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/chrisdorney/chrisdorney1505/chrisdorney150500057/40216508-a-nice-biscuit-over-a-plain-white-background-.jpg

Thanks

@reck Creating what about the edges? The modeling or texturing?

Sorry wasn’t very clear. I’m trying to model that biscuit but I don’t know how to go about it, especially the bumpy edges.

I’ve tried starting off with a plane, cube, circle and then selecting every other couple of vertex and pulling them inwards but it’s not working very well.

Other than the corners is this what you are looking for?

If so it was just a plane at start and one section modeled then used an array to get the length. Applied it removed any doubles and then put in the end piece “bumps” once it had the shape I just added a solidify modifier and a subdivision surface modifier.

Hey that’s pretty good flyingbanana.

So you created a plane and then added the bumps by pulling in every other vertex? Did you sub divide the plane a few times? When I did this I got rectangles as the plane was a rectangle so when I created the bumps on the side they were a different size to the long edges.

Then you added the array modifier to increase the length of the biscuit? That’s a good idea didn’t think to do that.

Then added the bumps to the short sides?

Could I see a wireframe so I can see the bumps ( ideally without the subsurf)?

The only problem I see with it are the corners, I wonder if there’s a way to fix that?

Here is the mesh without the modifiers.

This is with the subdivision and the solidify modifiers

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping me out with this FlyingBanana, it’s been really useful.

1 Like