Buying a desktop... need help finding more bang for the buck

I only use one monitor - 27" 2660x1440; Well worth the cost. Samsung have just brought a new 27" monitor out - seems like a really good one. Just over £500. Read a review in the computer mag I subscribe too.

Thanks for the info Writer’s Block. The monitor is going to be one of the last things I’ll buy along with some cooling equipment, extra ram, etc. I’m afraid that my pc which I use for blender and such is about to bite the dust. (At least I only bought it for $35!)

I’m planning to start building the computer by the end of March, or, most likely, early April. So this thread would be, most likely, dead.

Anyone know about the cooling in an “Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Case?”

this site is very helpful when building a custom pc(also check out the forums) http://www.tomshardware.com/

That video doesn’t help all that much, but thanks Idh1109. The link helps a lot.

One more question before this thread is finally dead, I asked a few people about the pros and cons of the GTX 560 Ti. Anyone want to express their opinions about that particular gpu? I don’t wnat to overheat it in rendering…

I dont think it will overheat as is, if you dont try to overclock it or anything, and as long you have good airflow in the case itself too.