bvh set parent with automatic weights issue in blender

I’m trying to import the the bvh and map it to a makehuman imported character. As shown in the below figure I’ve been able to import the makehuman file and then imported the armature. Then I manually fitted the human on top of the mocap armature. The first queston is, under the .bvh file in the menu on the top right as shown in the below figures, there are two files under the object, one is named as the same name of the .bvh file and the other is named Pose. When I click on the 01_01 even after fitting the human on top of it this is what happens:

as seen the armature and the human are separated.
And when I choose the pose one this is what happens:

so anyway, after that I select the human mesh then shift the armature and then click ctrl+p and choose parent with automatic weights but this is the result:

I have no idea why this is happening? I’d be very thankful if anyone could please advise how to fix this.

The Mesh Object and the Armature must be located in the same exact location before the Armature is set as the parented modifier on the Mesh…

Use shift+s ‘cursor to selected’
and
shift+s ‘selection to cursor’
to get these two lined up before you apply Ctrl+P to parent the Mesh to the Armature and use automatic weights…

also note… that when ever you go to redo a messed up Armature Parenting…
you must first …
Select the Mesh and under modifiers… delete the Armature modifier…
then second…
go to the object data (triangle icon) and delete all the vertex groups…

once this is done you can re-Parent the Mesh to Armature again nice and clean…

I’ve worked on it again and was able to remove the teeth and eyes and other extra meshes but the problem now after doing the autotmaic weight no errors appears but when I play the bvh file, nothing happens to the mesh, it doesn’t do anything or move with the armature. The modified file can be found on this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/hok68rt9ald143e/modified.blend so if you could please check and let me know

Sorry I haven’t had time to look at this file sooner…

just a quick glance I see that the character Mesh and the Armature Appear to have two different Origin points (or that is to say that the ‘Location’ of the the Mesh Origin point does not appear to be in the same place as the Armature’s Origin point…
These need to be in perfect alignment…

Use shift+S then … Cursor to selected… and Shift+S… Selected to Cursor… to acomplish the alignment…
Also you may have to move the Mesh around (in Edit mode) to align properly with the Armature… (or you could move the bones of the Armature to align with the Mesh)… Either way… doesn’t mater…

What does mater is that the Armature and the Mesh it is controlling, have their Origin Points in perfect alignment before any animation can begin…

Also something else I noted was that the Scale of the both the Armature and Mesh in Object Mode were at something other than 1.0… This causes problems too…

easiest way to set these so that your object stays at the size you currently have it but is ‘zeroed out’… (so to speak) is the Select the object in object mode… Hit Ctrl+A and pick… “Apply… Rotation and Scale”… Location is not such a big issue … but Rotation and Scale are… (things can go goofy real fast if the Mesh and the Armature don’t start out at the same Rotation and the Same Scale… before Animation begins…

Anyway… I still don’t know what’s causing the problems but that’s just my first glance at your file…

Okay a 3rd thing that doesn’t seem to make since to me…

when I’m in Frame 0 (zero) … and I select your Armature and Tab into Edit mode… your Armature is heck and way from where your default mesh is… That’s not going to work…

because the bones in your Armature are at their default postition where ever they are when your working with them in Edit mode… Edit mode is where you line up the bones to be in default position acording to your Mesh…

That is to say … the Arm bone has to be where the Arm is at on the Mesh… when you have the Armature in Edit mode… That is not the case in your file…

So when you try to apply your Armature Modifier it the Mesh is simply too far away for it do be able to Read it…

thus the Mesh and the Armature must be in close proximity when the Armature is in Edit mode… for the modifier to work at all…