BWC '08: Morning~

one more with lens flare~
if anyone has any good points or hints for the lens flare location it would be most welcomed ^^

Attachments

Ah thanks
(layers and stuff about light)
same with Lightwave if you have ever tried that.
In Blender it is done more elegantly with the materials (surfaces)
As a material is only lit with a group of lamps
its pretty need but its cuz blender is a material based 3D program I think
and not object, but there is always the different layer approach
I’m gonna try my hardest tonight to finish it up and try the light+hair using GIMP but it would be nice to know it in Blender lol
thanks again ^^
gives you a cookie for your help

I’ve never tried light wave. Only used C4D for school. I personally prefer Blender. I am not the best at lighting but recommend this book.

It is not program specific which is hard to find in 3D learning text. The texturing one by the same publisher that is the book shown in the Buy Together section is pretty good too. I have both.

http://www.shortcourses.com/use/using6-15.html

See in that example how the lights and shadows in the statues hair help make it 3D even though it is a photograph, an effect like that would help your people look more three dimensional. Hope that helps.

Hair + Lens Effects
any better?

Attachments

Only issue is that i cant get a image like that since the material for hair is more 3D based…
An alpha endings and sides for the on a texture would (might) have done it well maybe for lighter shading but for a rim light I’m not sure the blender render can handle that
I will try my best and see what happens
thanks for the books ^^

Also this is somewhat of what I’m trying to get but I’m not sure how lol
but I will try

Yeah i am trying to get that too. Oh you mean the lighting effect… :smiley: I don’t see a difference in the hair, what did you do?

the edges were lighted up and have abit of a white on them at the ends
but i have not been able to get the rim light effect…

last one guys thank you for your help ^^
and I hope the best to all the other’s in the contest!
now the last question
to Lens flare? or not to lens flare?
That is the question

Attachments

I personally would go without it. I think lens flares are overly used effects. That is just me though. It is up to you.

actually my girlfriend told me the same ^^
and you guys are right ^^
thank you linuxpimp if I win (oh please god let me win!)
I will give thanks to you ^^