[BWC 2010] 'Angelika' by REiKo Rhoemer (NUDITY)

She’s looking great!

Thanks, ben. I will begin modeling some clothes this week :). But it will be not in the style of your paintover :D.

Cool, however i generally like to see girls undress then dress lol.
But, are you going to fix the hair? right now it is all poofy and messy, are you going to comb it at least?

Good work mate!

There will be no 3D striptease, DDD :D. I am not sure if I will make the hair less puffy - it looks interesting. In my concept art is the hair less puffy, but we will how does it look with some clothes.

The skin shader in the first pics is very nice : stylized but soft and “living”. Care to share?

Hi, unkelben.
The skin is normal ‘dull’ shader. The effect is done with composite nodes adding RGB Curve

Here are pictures before and after compositing phase

Attachments

Simple, quick and nice!

That’s a really handy shader. I agree with the comments about her hair. I think she’d look much better combed down a bit.

Her feet look a little off to me. If you’re planning to put shoes on her then it’s not a big deal but otherwise I think they could use a little more work.

Otherwise the modeling is superb. Great work!

This is looking really excellent Reiko! The skin shader you have right now is very simple but very effective! Is it strictly procedural at the moment or is it mixed with image textures?

I will be keeping a close eye on this one.

-Jonathan

I like the hair as is, I think it balances her rather generous hips and buttocks area. Also reminds me a bit of Daryl Hannah’s portrayal of Pris in Blade Runner, which was a fantastic character all around. The model is very appealing, an interesting mix of both naturalistic and slightly cartoonish proportions, great poise and balance even in the “stock” pose.

You mention having probs with skinning – is the mesh density shown in the earlier pics the “native” density – before subsurf? If so it looks a bit high for conventional Bone Heat binding and weight painting. If still poses are the main intent, maybe consider using Envelopes, or a Mesh Deform modifier?

Also the loop structure at the thigh/hip joints doesn’t look optimal for posing, though it’s very well-sculpted. Usually you want the loops in that area to parallel the way the body “creases” as the legs bend – your mesh structure looks like maybe it has a more gridlike form, with vertical mesh lines crossing the natural “crease line” of that joint – it may make for uneven deformation in those areas. Much depends on the final mesh resolution, though – if its high enough these considerations are not as important.

Definitely this is a thread to watch!

EDIT: Nevermind on the mesh density question, I just found your other thread about rigging :slight_smile:

Thanks for comments, guys.
Yes, there will be shoes on the foots, so I have not made it with such detail.
I will see if the hair is not too fancy as I will end modeling clothing - I think she could look cool as it is :).

mr_bomb: I am not good in texturing so I did only simple SSS shader (no nodes) and added a 2048 texture on body and other on head: I have baked and blurred AO and put it over base color layer (burn blending mode). And over this layer I put one layer with cloud filter (multiply blending mode). So no pores or veins. The head has more layers with painted lips, eyes and make-up. Nothing detailed. I hope I will keep it looking good with that cartoonish style (contrast/color/silhouettes). I think I can manage similar look like in FMV’s from PSX games :slight_smile: (Final Fantasy VIII, IX, X).

chipmasque: thanks for help. I recently studied some skeleton pictures on internet and realised that some armature joints were placed not so correctly (in hip area). It seems that The Nature knows better how to place bones in human body, so I will follow her inventions :D. So as I will find time I will begin working on it again. The edge loops are not too dense I am keeping it low - whole body has 5568 polys and it is subsurfed to level 2 (with modifier).

Still working on my entry :).
Here is a sample pose - I will rig hands and face tomorrow (if I found time). Then I will work on some clothes (not too much clothing planned :D).

Basic clothing.

update

update

The character is done - I will see if I have time to do some more details. In next few days I will do an environment and try to make whole artwork in time :).

Mateba revolver detail

Sword detail

She’s looking fantastic!

I like your style. Congrats!

About the hair, I think it should be more defined. It now seems a spot and takes too much attention.

I am sorry, but I cannot make the image for contest in time. There were some problems with my computer lately and in last few days I was busy finding new job.

At least a character is done :). Thanks for all the comments. As I buy a new computer I will try to post some more images of Angelika.