BWF 0.1.0 teaser [new 8/7/4]

hey those trees look great. the first set was a bit on the stubby side.

No I only use official releases. that is 2.33a, so no ramp at all, and no radiosity either, just plain AO

Modron: well formes had icospheres with a strong bumpmap, these are Lsystem sprites :wink:

Stefano

looks really nice. some time ago (2003) I was struggling with terragen and photopaint to get more of that jules-vern-ish look (for the spheremap env) but it was no-go. your wizard seems to output that look nicely.

q: are trees meshes or alphacards?

I wanted to make a little utility for myself that would use shareFrom for card-plane and assign a random alphatexture from predefined array (3-5 different trees) to it to make fast rendering tree-assemblies (with negative lamp for fast softshadows :P) - sort of improved dupliverts. but your script seems to take care of that out of the box :slight_smile:

Considering that this is so high poly, this would be useless for the game engine would it not?

Those teaser pics are nothing but awesome, great work.

Hah, I knew it! Stefano you are Bob Ross’ (The Joy of … painting) illegitimate son! :wink:

So, when will it be finished??

Ok i just cant wait everyone… when is the release date… of BWF update

please stop teasing us… :wink:

Ahhh this is looking fantastic :smiley:

I know as soon as I post this, then S68 will probably release the new BWF. But anyways… :o

Can anyone tell me how to use 0.0.9 with Blender 2.33a on MacOSX? Specifically the noise module is tripping me up.

When I run BWF-0.0.9.py, I get “no such module: noise”. So I installed dynoise.so for OS X, and I installed the noise.py that someone posted on another thread, which calls out to dynoise module. Now the GUI loads, but when I click Terraform, I get this error:

BLENDER WORLD FORGE  - (C) June. 2003 Stefano <S68> Selleri
Vers. 0.0.9 - October 2003 - 
Released under Blender Artistic License (www.blender.org)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BWF-0.0.9.py", line 1698, in bevent
  File "BWF-0.0.9.py", line 902, in DoTheTerraform
  File "BWF-0.0.9.py", line 786, in TerraFormF
  File "/Applications/Blender/scripts/noise.py", line 16, in fBm
    return dynoise.PTurbulence((v[0], v[1], 0), oct, 0, G, la) 
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PTurbulence'

Read the docs that came with the script. You need to go to CGKit at sourceforge and get (and use) it’s noise module. The link, the file and where to put it are in the PDF.

%<

Thanks Fligh- not sure how the world I overlooked that in the BWF docs. CGKit here I come

Hey

Is this still happening? :smiley:

Ken

Hey!

I’m busy :frowning:

Stefano

I really wish there were more for this script, I have a few questions, Can objected be added by pixel colors so there could be a random effect and would it be possable to use a height map of your own.