I’m very glad to announce the release of a brand new generation of network game template.
It is called BZoo and it can be found here: http://bzooworld.org/
BZoo is a network game template that is especially designed to allow network game creation without having to program a single line of code.
Despite it is possible to quickly prototype games without any skills in programming, BZoo also offers programmers and Blender game creators a powerful framework to make pro level multiuser network applications such as MORPG, Persistent Virtual Worlds, network PVP and so on…
The BZoo project is born in July last year. By that time, it was only a multiuser 3D walk through with chat capabilities but many talented artists found the concept was good and started creating amazing content for their own virtual worlds.
Here are a few screenshots of they works
“Le Golo street” from Blender3Dcrea team … watch the video.
“Le Golo street” from Blender3Dcrea team
“Dragonia” from Blendman
The newly issued version comes with lots of new features such as:
* Dual mode view * Shooting system * Synchronized and "collectable" objects handling * Multi scene support * Network saved inventory system * Dialog with NPC * Multi player connections handling * Player authentication system * Avatar selection screen * Interoperability with IRC * Flexible file organization for collaborative works * Extensible player properties system
A documentation is currently being written … Get a bunch here…
For Python developers willing to extend BZoo here’s the Python API.
If you want to give BZoo a try:
- Download the BZoo Archive from here.
- Unpack it in the directory of your choice.
- Open the BZooClient.blend file
- Press P
- Press Del , enter your login and press Enter
- Choose your avatar with arrow keys and validate by pressing Enter
You should now be in the main game scene
- Use arrow keys to change point of view
- F1 to get a menu
- F2 to use use “in game” chat
- F3 to connect to IRC chat
- Right click to throw a bomb
- Left click to shoot bullets
- Space to open door (you’ll need to have the key in your inventory to do that)
To catch an object from the scene, collide with it.
To start dialog with NPC, get in touch with the character.
To teleport to an other scene, collide with the teleporter.
A DemoWorld is in progress that will demonstate all BZoo features in a nicer way.
PS: BZoo works on Windows XP,Vista, Ubuntu, Debian and MAC OS X and it is released under GPL licence.