BZoo is a network game template to use with Blender.
Last year, I had spoken about it in this thread. By that time, it only was a basic 3D chat application.
As explained here, lots of new features was added to this network game template:
* Dual mode view * Shooting system * Synchronized and "collectable" objects handling * Multi scene support * Network saved inventory system * Dialog with NPC * Multi player connections handling * Player authentication system * Avatar selection screen * Interoperability with IRC * Flexible file organization for collaborative works * Extensible player properties system
As it is now, BZoo makes it possible to create multi-user 3D waltk-throughs, network Player versus Player games as well as simple Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games, without a single line of code …
If you want to give BZoo a try, make sure you have python installed on your system and follow the procedure below:
- Download the BZoo Archive from here.
- Unpack it in the directory of your choice.
- Open the BZooClient.blend file
- Press P
- Press Del , enter your login and press Enter
- Choose your avatar with arrow keys and validate by pressing Enter
You should now be in the main game scene
- Use arrow keys to change point of view
- F1 to get a menu
- F2 to use use “in game” chat
- F3 to connect to IRC chat
- Right click to throw a bomb
- Left click to shoot bullets
- Space to open door (you’ll need to have the key in your inventory to do that)
To catch an object from the scene, collide with it.
To start dialog with NPC, get in touch with the character.
To teleport to an other scene, collide with the teleporter.
BZoo is a complete suite for creating, publishing and hosting virtual worlds.
It can be used in a wide range of applications such as multi-user 3D walk through, 3D IRC client, network Player Versus Player games, Multi Player On line Role Playing Games or even Persistent Virtual Worlds.
BZoo is designed so that no programming skills is required to create network applications (just by following the user documentation (that is still under writing) ).
However, developers are provided with a fully documented Python API allowing to access high level services dedicated to real time multi-user networked applications.
Bzoo is composed of:
- a set of .blend files containing pre-made graphical user interfaces
- a set of Python scripts to use and which
- A game oriented middleware written in python including code for both server and client
Being directly usable from Blender 3D modeler, it is likely to be one of the most efficient solution for either quick game prototyping or half-professional level game creation.
Comments are highly welcomed.