BZoo: Network Gaming with Blender

We are going to open an 3dcommerce Mall in Portland O where we lease space and advertise. Will give python and Bzoo a try, ed, O and the theme of the mall is American History. 3D is the new web page. Keep up the great work every one!

Just to share that this awesome library/project still works with Blender 2.47 :slight_smile:

(and I will use the IRC implementation in my project)

Thanks for that,
Dalai

I’m using the IRC protocol files (ripped apart but in essence they are the same) from BZoo in my Blender Notifier project:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136524

Just to let you know,
thanks jbperin

This seems all greet,

However, I am still experiencing problems with BZoo. The fact that I modified certain python script to have it connect outside of 127.0.0.0, it still uses that IP rather than my configured ones.

My project is to use Python as the controller, and Blender as the User who plays in it. In other words, I looked at BZoo for the Network aspect.

I am currently having a lot of difficulties of finding a basic script that allows communication on a network. Main idea would be to have the Python Console running from 1 computer and the other would be the user who would be in the 3D environment. The person at the Console would read some status and execute commands that would affect the environment (In Game Properties) (Changing the clock on a wall)

Subversion have a huge list of features what you can get from here. But i have not enough time to read the big list. So in short, subversion is a system which helps developer to backup and recovery(extreme feature) their code time to time. Tortoise SVN is a good subversioning system for windows. Easy to install and use.

I suppose this is a pretty ancient thread, but… is BZoo still an active project or is it as finished as it’s getting? I’m not going to give up until I get an answer. My friends want to finish a demo of their multiplayer game project, I would hope to be able to do that by the end of the month at least. I’m having so many problems with it, because you know, there very little documentation or commentation in the scripts. You can check my link in my sig for their website.(And fyi, our game isn’t starting out as a mmorpg, if you look at the site. We plan you build all of our models and make small game, then eventually move to panda to complete it.)

You have 2 sets of libraries to run a game on the Net. You can go with MS ActiveX or http://www.opengl.org/ which is Open Source and is taking off like a rocket next You need a game engine BZoo runs on python but python is not as efficient as a game engine that uses C++ and yes I know Blender uses python also but most game engines now have plugin to run Blender Graphics. We are using open source http://www.ogre3d.org/ as our game engine for our 3dcommerce Mall it is written in C++ and we can use Blender. Plus it is Open Source. I hope some of this makes sense just trying to give You a direction.

I think BZoo lost it’s support.
You have 2 sets of libraries to run a game on the Net. You can go with MS ActiveX or http://www.opengl.org/ which is Open Source and is taking off like a rocket next You need a game engine BZoo runs on python but python is not as efficient as a game engine that uses C++ and yes I know Blender uses python also but most game engines now have plugin to run Blender Graphics. We are using open source http://www.ogre3d.org/ as our game engine for our 3dcommerce Mall it is written in C++ and we can use Blender. Plus it is Open Source. I hope some of this makes sense just trying to give You a direction.

This tutorial is not by me. It is by friend and co-admin of the gameblender.org forums, OldJim. He has been working on a network game template, called WSAG. It is an up and coming Network game template, and has been mentioned on different parts of the net. BZoo is the leading template, but his is coming up.
You can download his network game template and the tutorial
Again, thanks goes to all to OldJim

Network blender gaming is good thing i play game on networks with my friends.Its really nice thing.

most game engines now have plugin to run Blender Graphics.

Marketstone, are you able to use blender armature setup, animation/actins and vertices weigth in ogre ?

I’m not sure about vertex weights, but I found this bugfix for the Blender to OGRE export script which leads to suggest it can export animations and armatures:

Hello can enyone tell me How to modify Bzoo Scripts in order to amke it how i want i been trying to figure this out for years XD but i guess i wont be able to do it with out some help ,PM me if u would liek to help me a little :wink:

I have not worked a lot with bzoo but if you have general gestions about how to setup a Multiplayer game with blender I will do my best to help you here: www.oldjim.ch/wsag

I haven’t downloaded BZoo, (Because I’m not really into DL’ing stuff without foreknowledge)

I just want to know; is it basically a “Import .blend file” “Make Game” button type thing? So you DON’T actually MAKE your game using BZoo? You import files from blender?

(I know it’s way more complicated than just “Import .blend”, “Make Game”, for it was for the sake of my question)

Thanks, when I do this, I get the can’t connect to online confirmation much faster, otherwise there’s a long delay, but it won’t play online at all. Only play local.