C4 (speed model)

(vitaliy) #1

i just wanted to see if i can model this thing within an hour… guess i could
nothing to special but still

http://blenderheads.com/work/c4/c4.png

0 Likes

(joeab) #2

Looks quite nice… seems washed out in some way…

still for an hour very nice… i usually end up modeling quickly then finding somthing i have never used before and having to try it out…

still…

i think maby more or less light…

Joe

0 Likes

(vitaliy) #3

well it wasn’t rendered with blender internal, maybe thats why it looks a bit washed out for you lol

it was 1 hr to model, but another 5 to render

0 Likes

(joeab) #4

Wow…

what you running over there that sounds almost as slow as this thing…

Joe

0 Likes

(Marsan) #5

Kool. But it looks like a alchometer :slight_smile: ill give it 3 *

0 Likes

(joeab) #6

Brilliant word… i can just imagine someone going to the police and saying “ok c’mon im ready… get out the alchometer…”

Joe

0 Likes

(vitaliy) #7

lol??

it was rendered with 4 CPU cores overnight with indigo, thats why it took so long, it was probably presentable within like 20 minutes but i left it overnight

0 Likes

(joeab) #8

At my work we did some tests (new lab coming in…) and it turned out that doing 3d 2 cores was about 2.8% faster than 4 at 3d and 4 cores was an amazing 67% faster at EXCEL!!! YAY but still im sure when an os can properly support the threading technologies (linux advert)

I spose considering overnight… that is perfectly smooth… you can have a gold star for your quad core…

0 Likes

(vitaliy) #9

lol well it was rendered with a quad core, a p4 and p3 lol

i didn’t utilize my quad core system for this as it was busy rendering something else on the other 2 cores… i kinda split it up… dont know why

0 Likes

(joeab) #10

Ha brilliant (coming from the guy who sets an old G3 imac to do some overnight renders…)

Still… mac pro soon woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo

that is how wooed i am…

anyway, went a little offtopic…

Joe

0 Likes