Cabin

Inspired by a photo I came across on the net. An ancient mapmaker’s cabin. I understand that the books on the bookshelves could be better with some more editing. But since it’s not the main focus of the scene, I did very little with that. C&C are welcome.

4 Likes

The candles should be a light source. Maybe add some yellow point lights on the candle flames? Also I can see a blue light coming from the left. Maybe adding a volumetric cube inside the room will give some scatter.

1 Like

Thank you! Point taken. The blue light is supposed to be a soft accent of the moon light. And yeah, a sloped volumetric box would do the trick.

I love the room: looks safe, warm and the kind of room a person could get seriously productive in :slight_smile:

And while the books themselves don’t look like an issue to me, the bookcase itself does look a bit like an IKEA pre-fabricated deal, though that’s hard to avoid given the style is clean and that’s obviously the kinda furniture it is.

1 Like

Thank you! I poured my heart into this scene. Started off as a fun project and became therapeutic sessions for me. Whenever I felt stressed, I worked on this little by little. The bookcase was thrown into the scene at the last moment at Client’s request. Maybe I’ll add some personal touch to it in the future. For now I’ll call this done after adding some volumetric lighting.

1 Like

What was the client wanting? A room design specifically or just the image of one?

Yah, any detail to the bottom half would be all it’d need to look more, bespoke :slight_smile:

This is something I created for my personal collection. The Client saw this and wanted me to add a book case and render it for them. The map on the table is animated to roll open and close. Now, you’re tempting me to add more to the scene :grin: I’m imagining straw floor mats, old satchel in a corner and many more. Guess this scene is going to stick with me for a while.

1 Like

Do it!

…and a slight deepening of the windowsill for a little potted Bamboo - to compliment the straw matting on the floor :sunglasses:

:bamboo:

1 Like

:+1: congrats.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like