CAD Snap Utilities

It is true, but desired direction could be sometimes different from X,Y Z …
I think the situation in my picture should work.

It really is a bug. I’m analyzing it now.

The addon Snap Utilities Line was updated. The Blender Market will be available tomorrow (depending on the site).
Change_Log:

4.3 - Added preference “snap to increments of grid”.
4.4 - Added option “relative scale” to grid scale.
4.4.1 - Fix UNDO (Ctrl+Z).
4.4.2 - Fix: The Increment of Grids did not always respect the Grid scale
4.5 - The key ‘Ctrl’ also enables the ortho mode.
4.6 - Fix Bugs, performance improvements and redesign UI

Download on the first post or here:

Update 4.7: Replacing the internal operator “mesh.select_all” by simpler functions (improved performance), removing the alert “variable location”; and replacing the python function “try/exeption” by “if (with another conditional)/else” (great improvement in performance).

Attachments

mesh_snap_utilities_line.zip (8.87 KB)

Hi mano-wii, I discovery your addon but amazing job!
COngrats as always

Hi, ve bought already /as previously promised/ your addon, good job !
I just wonder if you got inspired by Sketchup cursor workflow?
If not-would you take a look at it? IMHO its quite wisely and efficiently coded idea and… YES!-could we have the same ? )))

great … i have purchased your addon

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

Yes I know. You could say that I was inspired in it.

Ctrl constrain seems bronen. Reverting line 704 to old version:

if self.list_vertices_co != [] and (event.ctrl or self.keyf8)

seems to fix problem.

Enabling the “ortho mode” by pressing the Ctrl key has been disabled a time ago. Because the fact that you had to hold the button hindered work. And also the fact that the F8 key does the same thing, but enables when you press if and disables when you press again.

But I still appreciate suggestions.

Ok, but I’m not sure if F8 is good hotkey. F8 is used for ‘reload scripts’ in blender.
Maybe making it more like knife tool - knife uses ‘c’-angle constraint. And knife uses bottom header panel for displaying modifier keys so it is nice for new users.
Anyway great addon I just bought it.

I plan to make a menu of keys configuration. This will permit that each user to customize their own way.

Hi Mano!

Just to say thanks for your further advance of addons, i like very much your push-pull initiative and your CAD snap utilities.

Hope you don’t mind I attached here some of my addons i worked on a long time ago. They include deleting without confirmation, precision move tool like in your CAD utilities and a cage - scaling tool, but on a much more primitive level than the one you take. As it turns out they still work in 2.75, and their usage is explained inside the files. I use them often, hope you find them inspiring and keep up the great work!

Attachments

NP_pack.zip (12.7 KB)

How Cool. I just test the “NP_anchor_translate_008”, and it works very well. I intend to increase the functionality of the operator in Snap_Utilities_Move. My plan is that it moves all the selected elements and ignore the unselected.

Each one program in a different way (I noticed you like to create operators that work internally only). I hope to see your threads showing your Addons :). Congratulations

Did you consider maybe implementing SKP feature like: indicate an edge w/ a hotkey to lock a direction?

Could you be referring to “Shift” constrain?

Wow, this is it, sorry- mostly dont read how-tos /until come to a dead end/.

No problem XD

Hy mano-wii!

I noticed that your addon also shown in other editmode like curve-editmode, lattice-editmode, etc.
where we can´t use it. Can you fix it, please?

Thanks for your report :).
The addon now has been updated.