Call for Content Blenderart #12

(dreamsgate) #1

It’s time again to start thinking about articles, tutorials and images for Issue # 12 of Blenderart Magazine.

In this issue we are focusing on ‘Texturing’.

This issue we aim to look at the art/technique of 2d texture creation, creating convincing procedural textures, Nodes, UV mapping and painting of those maps. We would also welcome tutorials addressing how lighting works with materials/textures.

We are looking for tutorials, “making of” articles, and projects of interest that focus on Texturing techniques, “how to” and tips.

Also wanted, great shaders, materials and node setups for great looking textures.

• ArticlesSend in your articles to sandra
    Subject: “Article submission Issue # 12 [your article name]”
  • Author guidelines are available here
  • Use of ‘blenderart theme’ for blender is recommended for Screen-Shots.
  • Gallery ImagesAs usual you can also submit your best renders based on the theme of the issue. As the theme of this issue is Texturing, it leaves the choice of subject matter wide open as long as your image shows off some great textures/materials. So polish up your favorite render for submission. Please note if the entry does not match with the theme it will not be published.

Send in your entries for gallery to gaurav
Subject: “Gallery submission Issue # 12”

Note: Image size should be of 1024x (width) at max.
Last date of submissions September 5, 2007.

Good luck!
Blenderart Team

0 Likes

(hessiess) #2

yay:) i suck at texturing

0 Likes

(Len) #3

Kewl! I submit an image for consideration.

0 Likes

(CGuy) #4

Would a good tutorial on how to tile an image in Photoshop be useful?

0 Likes

(frigi) #5

I think it would be more beneficial if this issue would be adressed more like “Textures, materials and lighting” since those can barely exist without each other.
One magazine collecting articles about all 3 parts of this process seems to be the better choice IMO.
By titling it just “Texturing” some people might tend to focus on mainly or even only textures and that’s sort of a waste of resources. Seperating information that’s so dependent on each other isn’t too profitable for learning.

You also refer precisely on texture painting in this description, but especially since blender got some new features it would be useful to get tutorials about texture modelling in. It’s not really a mystery that sculpting f.e. works great for creating textures for all kinds of organic (or actually even non-organic/hard surface) stuff in particular for realtime geometry.

If you want all that in too, I would really recommend you to change some points in that post a tiny little bit or otherwise some of the authors might go on it in some sort of narrow-minded behaviour (no offense, tho).

frigi

0 Likes

(dreamsgate) #6

You are right. Lighting and materials and textures all work together. I will adjust the post accordingly.

0 Likes

(GE-FORCE) #7

bump mapping also work with texture and its very usefull thing (because i dont know how to use it)

0 Likes

(Djarielm) #8

Yeah!! I cant wait for it to come out. I find the blenderart mags very usefull. Thanks to all who contributes by the way

0 Likes

(Jogai) #9

Sandra Gilbert Aug 21st, 2007 at 8:03 am
Jogai: those are very nice materials/textures. Would you care to write a short “How To” on one or all of them?

I’d like to, but my English isnt good and my writing talents arent good either. But if there are dutchmen who are willing to help…

0 Likes

(cekuhnen) #10

dreamsgate

I am on it.
in case it covers texture light and render I can write about a current project.
it can include how to make plastic shaders with the new node tools we got
in the current test builds.

They are a step closer to a real shader tree system.

I have to see how secure the current features are which are included in the current
builds you can get in brokens Blender patch.

0 Likes

(dreamsgate) #11

Very cool claas, I always love your tutorials, very informative.

0 Likes

(cekuhnen) #12

hu I did not realize that dreamsgate is you sandra :wink:

i have not heard back from broken yet.

0 Likes

(dreamsgate) #13

Shhhh!!!

It is a well kept secret. :wink:

0 Likes

(Falgor) #14

Don’t tell her, she doesn’t know it yet!

0 Likes

(captainkirk) #15

I’ll post an article, and maybe a gallery picture.

0 Likes

(Friday13) #16

I think it’s time to unsticky this thing (and replace it with call for content for #13).

0 Likes