Call for Content Blenderart #13

It’s time again to start thinking about articles, tutorials and images for Issue # 13 of Blenderart Magazine.

In this issue we are focusing on ‘Fantasy’.

So bring out your best fairies, dragons, trolls, orcs, castles, fantasy plant life and any other fantastical creation you can come up with.

We are looking for tutorials, “making of” articles, and projects of interest that focus on fantasy modeling.

Also wanted, great shaders, materials and node setups for great looking fantasy materials and effects.

• ArticlesSend in your articles to sandra
    Subject: “Article submission Issue # 13 [your article name]”
  • Author guidelines are available here.
  • Use of ‘blenderart theme’ for blender is recommended for Screen-Shots.
  • Gallery ImagesAs usual you can also submit your best renders based on the theme of the issue. As the theme of this issue is Fantasy Modeling, round up your best Fantasy renders for submission. Please note if the entry does not match with the theme it will not be published.

Send in your entries for gallery to gaurav
Subject: “Gallery submission Issue # 13”

Note: Image size should be of 1024x (width) at max.
Last date of submissions November 5, 2007.

Good luck!
Blenderart Team

When is the last date of submissions?

Ah nuts, that’s what I get for reusing a standing document. I will change that right now.

Great idea

Just a quick look at the number of Zombie, and fantasy images in the blender art gallery shows this will be a popular magazine.

I haven’t progressed onto fantasy images yet but I am sure you will get a lot of contributors for this one.

Keep up the good work
Rob

I am looking forward to the submissions for this issue. I have always loved fantasy art, even though I tend toward a cartoon style myself.

Hey Sandra . . .

I’m really glad to have contributed to the previous issue. And while I probably won’t have any articles/artwork to submit for the next one, I would be willing to help out as a proof-reader. I think I remember Gaurav mentioning a need in an earlier post.

So feel free to e-mail me if you’re interested in my offer.

Cheers!

would be great to have some fantasy tutorials… with good topology for animation, a lot of people like fantasy stuff and as Robbur says, I also think this is going to be a very popular topic, me included. Maybe it could be an extra big (extra pages of tutorials) issue?

-thondal-

How do I install the theme?

How do I install the theme?

Download the theme and put it in your scripts folder. (Default is Blender.blender\scripts). You can move this folder if you wish.
In blender, pull down the user preferences window and go to File Paths. In the boc that say Scripts Dir, navigate to or type where your scripts folder is. Control U to save preferences, then go to a scripts window. Press scripts>themes>the theme you want. The press Control U to save that theme as default.

Ahaahahahha. I just saw this topic today, two days after the deadline, and I’ve modeled nothing but elves since I started using blender!!
:smiley:

The Hilarity