Calling all willing animators (and everything else).

Okay. To start.

I am doing music for a portal Knock-off of the angry birds game.
I came up with a brilliant idea to do a 3D animated teaser for the game using Blender.
My bosses on that project agree we should.
What I need are:
People who can model a few characters as well as environmental stuff and so.
People who can rig those few characters.
And finally and more importantly:
People who can animate them when they’re finished.

This is voluntary unless otherwise specified by the people I’m working for (as I don’t have the money to pay you myself).

I will post what the characters look like here as soon as I can.

Edit: I should clarify this: THESE ARE NOT APART OF A CORPORATE LARGE BUSINESS LIKE WHOEVER MADE ANGRY BIRDS OR VALVE. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE MY AGE OR SLIGHTLY OLDER. THEY ARE SOURCE MOD DEVELOPERS. I THINK THE PROJECT IS A VOLUTARY ONE. I HAVEN’T PLAYED THE EXE’s YET BUT FROM MY UNDERSTANDING IT’S DOING WELL SO FAR.
I CAME UP WITH THE STUPID IDEA OF MAKING AN ANIMATED TRAILER FOR IT. MANY OF THE OTHER DEVELOPERS AGREE.

I SUCK AT ANIMATION (learning though).
I AM CURENTLY MODELING ONE OF THE CHARACTERS RIGHT NOW.

Okay you can nag at me now :D.

The characters: http://www.eastwood-design.de/tier3/aperturebirds/aperturebird-family.png

Please join. I suck at animation.

Hhhmmmmmmmmmm…no one? No one at all? I’d expect people to jump onto this! :frowning:

So you work for a company (that mean you make game with a commercial purpose and you are paid for that and the company make money with) and you want a cool intro with 3D animation, but the company don’t haver a penny for that ?
I’m an animator, I think I’m able to work on your design, But I’m only work for free for non-commercial work.

you can see this chart for more info :

http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/324/33888.jpg

If you find a bit of money I can see something, else it’snot possible…

sorry to be a little hard… hope you can make your bosse open a bit his wallet :wink:

no it is NOT a company. Just a group of steam users (mod developers as well) so chances are it is all voluntary work.
And besides I’M 17! LIKE ID BE WORKING FOR A CORPORATE BUSINESS!!!

I can’t wait until I can throw companion cubes into piles of turrets…

Well it’s coming :D. The T3 Dev team is working hard on it. But I thought a nice blender animated trailer wouldve been nice for it. :wink:

So what? Evan Herbert (Racer445) had worked on two AAA titles before turning 18.

Uh huh? Never knew that.

@TWS Admin–If you want help, I will try, though I suck at pretty much everything at Blender. Just tell me what to do…

Well. What I’m looking for are people who can model, rig, and animate the bird like portal characters in the above picture (I’ve got the turret one handled cause I already modeled a turret a few days before portal 2 came out).
Also the environments would need to be modeled as well.
This is supposed to be a Portal version of the game called angry birds.
And no. It is NOT being made by a huge corporate company.
It is being made by a small group of mod developers I was doing music for. This was a small project they wanted to try to do.
In fact, many of the people in this group are my age and younger. Except the person who did the graphics (like the pic above)

I advise you really think over what you’re doing before falling into the same trap that countless other people have found themselves caught in.

The trap being.

1). You ask for community collaboration on a project
2). You emphasize that you need people with skill while saying you do not have a lot of Blender skill yourself
3). People find out it’s not a paid gig and that you’re simply attracting them with an idea rather than with content showing what you can do in Blender
4). The thread goes downhill until people lose interest or the thread is locked.

I’m not going to say you should stop this idea at once, but simply giving advice based on what I’ve seen threads like this turn into.

@TWS–Here is a very basic landscape, with no materials or textures, though I have no idea what you wanted. I do not know how to build good trees. How would you feel about using models from blendswap?

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/6970

Edit: even though the the pasteall file says it includes people, it no longer does as I deleted them.

Okay cool. Anyone else?
I’ll post some more concepts as to what I’d need.
And even though I may be in charge of this little thing, may I point out that the game is actually quite a good deal finished as of now?

Now who else wants to nag on me for doing something stupid (no I’m not mad. But you are right. I could do it myself but unless you want to see a sucky animation to go along with a perfectly good game, I’d need help. And as I can’t pay anyone due to the fact I only have 50 available on me AND absolutely no way to pay you, it’s gonna be voluntary.)

After that rousing speech :rolleyes:, you almost have me ready to try. But I don’t know how, so I would do even worse than you… :smiley:

I understand that actually.

Okay anyone else?

Never mind :mad:.

EDIT: what did I do wrong?
I know I’m not the brightest when it comes to describing things but what did I say to put this thread off?

Why do I get the feeling I’m being ignored on this?

Is that a rhetorical question or do you really wan to know?

I want to know!