[Old Post. Content Removed.]

[Old Post. Content Removed.]

3 Likes

Very nice rendition. While i wasn’t introduced to Calvin & Hobbes while i was growing up, I still enjoy reading the stories today. While i like your render, it seems to be way harder to read the shapes than in the reference image (especially around hobbes stomach/chest area. He doesn’t separate properly from the background). To me the lineart is an important part of the style of Calvin & Hobbes. Style is your choice in the end, but i would love to see a render with the Blender Freestyle Outlines.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment, and I’m glad you’re able to enjoy the scene from a fan’s point of view as well. I initially thought of implementing a Line Art Style, because I had seen it done a number of ways during my research of relative Fan Art. However, I made the decision to create a scene which resembled almost a life-like 3D Print/Collectors Toy, which while may not resemble a comic, I felt brought the into a different medium. To me, it felt that if I used Line Art, I may as well have illustrated the art, and I want viewers to see it as a purely 3D rendition.