Camaro 4th Gen WIP

I started modeling a 4th-generation Chevy Camaro. It’ll end up as a convertible 1997 30th Anniversary SS, but for now I’m just trying to get the body shape correct for shrinkwrapping the panels later. It’s trickier than I thought, and it’s hard to find quality technical drawings so I’m mostly using photographs. For whatever reason, there seem to be a lot more technical drawings for every other generation of Camaro except 4th:

I also modeled the rim/tire:

body refinements; darker shader to look for unevenness:

started blocking out interior:

2 Likes

Getting back to this project after a while - started blocking out the rear suspension and drivetrain

More work on the rear end; modeled the differential, driveshaft, and torque arm.

1 Like

Worked on rear sway bar links, refined shock absorbers and rear axle, and modeled control arms:

It’s moving slowly, but I got tired of the rear suspension and started working on the engine a bit.

More work on the LT1 engine - more detail on block, cylinder heads, valve covers, water pump, blocked in manifold.

Worked on alternator, optispark distributor, tensioner pulley, and crankshaft pulley. did a quick material test because I was tired of plain white. Still tons to do!