Camaro

Custom silver Chevrolet Camaro SSI with 6.2 L V8 supercharged turbo engine producing 600 hp, stock body from SS model except for the red LED devil eyes.

Created in Blender and rendered in Cycles, over 400 000 polygons and more than 10 area light sources, 16 hours of rendering for a single 7680x2160 shot at 2000 samples per pixel.

High-Resolution: click here

Very good job.
Out of curiosity what are the specs for your computer?

teach me dude lol that’s awesome :0 if im ever going to do that im going to have to practice

Out of curiosity what are the specs for your computer?

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVidia GTS250
Image was rendered on CPU only.

Thank you for the reply

best looking camaro I have seen here and the have been plenty

Normaly i dont comment on cars, but this one is great!
5 Stars!

Wow, a really stunning work. It could be easily used for an ad campaign :slight_smile:

Your devil eyes do personalize the car very much, the way you interpreted them is very emotional. In reality these look far more normal / boring :frowning: .

A very good and professional work :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the topology is tattling on you :frowning:

Great modeling effort, but just a couple of hours of cleaning, would make this a dream to UV unwrap. Right now it’s messy.

I agree. Excellent render.

Great modeling effort, but just a couple of hours of cleaning, would make this a dream to UV unwrap. Right now it’s messy.

Any tips how to improve it?

Is it even legal to make headlights red?

These are not headlights, but daytime running lights just to designate movement of a vehicle and it’s permitted in Europe for a daytime use only, in some European countries only if used with low beam lights.

As for United States, any other color except for white is illegal because it may cause confusion with emergency vehicles. So you won’t see any “Angel eyes” installed on BMWs there. The same reason why red DRLs are restricted in some European countries where red color is intended for rear lights only and white/blue/green for front.

Ok… without the blend file it’s hard to communicate these ideas, but for example when you create your circles for the lower fog lights, you could reduce the number of vertices and then need less triangles to connect the meshes.

You can see where the mesh density is abnormal near the top left of the driver side window etc… you just need to spend more time and count vertices to get them to line up properly. Maybe even retopo those sections.

How long did it take you to model this? I’d like to know how long it takes to finish a project like this.

Beautiful render Agent_AL. Would you mind posting a screen shot of your lighting setup?

I don’t normally comment on cars when just reproduced, but the headlights/eyes give a great arty effect and it looks damn good too.

I’m researching car renders with Cycles to decide whether to go for it or use Luxrender… and you have just given Cycles a huge recommendation. Awesome work!

Wow! this is amazing!

Awesome!
Love it!
…and I’m a Ford guy.