Camera Animation Jittering away from (0, 0, 0)

Hi all,

I’ve been puzzled by a problem for a few days now and just can’t seem to find a solution. I’m animating a camera around a stationary object. When I run the animation near the center point of the project (0, 0, 0), everything is fine. However, when I move the camera and object far away from the center point the camera would just wobble and jitter around like mad.

However, when I animate the object and keep the camera stationary, the animation is perfectly smooth again. So something makes the camera jitter around like crazy when away from the center point.

I’ve linked the blender file below. Camera shows animated camera and stationary object and Camera.001 shows stationary camera and animated object.

http://www.filedropper.com/rotationtest

So, does anyone have an idea what I’m doing wrong here? :confused:

Gess

I’ve just found out that the problem is only when transforming. It doesn’t matter if it’s the camera or the object. Just rotating an object or the camera away from (0, 0, 0) is perfectly smooth. But transforming it when it’s like 1000 units or so away from the center will cause it to hop like a second hand instead of tranforming smoothly. Making the same transformation at or near the center point results in the animation being perfectly smooth again.

I’m really lost here. Any ideas?