Camera Control

Ok, I did actually do some research before posting here, but I can’t find anything that explains how to do what I want to do, or I’ve seen and didn’t understand the terms.
So, I press 0 and can see my scene from the camera view, is there any way to dolly the camera towards the scene from this view, or pan even.

It seems to me that I have two options, I can rotate and move the actual camera object, or I can set a view to user and get the framing I want and do ctl+shift+0 (poor memory, that might not be right key combo), but I want more… :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Two options. First, press Shift-F to go into Fly mode. Use the mouse to pan and the mouse wheel to zoom. Second, the camera is just an object like anything else, if it is selected you can use any of the transforms on it. So, G will grab and you can constrain that to an axis. To zoom try G+Z+Z, this will constrain the movements to the local Z of the camera.

i always just add an Empty and have the camera track to that. then you can move the empty, and camera will pan to follow, or move the camera, and it will dolly around the Empty.

To truck camera in camera view, you can also Gkey -> click MMB then move mouse forward and back.

Awesome, thanks guys. My real problem was the concept of having the camera selected, it makes sense now, but I never would have figured that out on my own (too much time in 3dsMax). I guess you can’t do any of that in edit mode though, of course, why would you adjust the camera while editing a mesh?

Thanks again.