Camera, Face Tracking VFX for Short Movie

Hello out there!

Gene Graham here. I am a Brooklyn NY based award winning director in search of a VFX artist(s) for a short horror movie shooting in NYC June/July 2022. The artist(s) will take live action footage, track it and add creature animations onto one actor’s face.

Let me stress - this is an independent, low budget short movie punching above its weight class. The artist(s) who join this production have skills, creativity and ambition, but may not have landed a quality production that showcases their work. While this isn’t the most money you’ll ever make, this is an opportunity to contribute to a well thought out short production that will do well at premiere film festivals in 2023 and beyond. You’ll definitely be able to pay your rent and use this on your reel.

Skills needed:

1. Camera and object tracking of live action footage
  2. Animation - for our creature, emotions are expressed under/across the skin of his face. There is ample reference regarding what that could look like, but actually turning that into a specific, dynamic animation is left to the creativity/ingenuity of the animator.
  3. It would be amazing if the animator and tracking person were ONE person
  4. Experience level is low to medium because…
  5. The budget is modest. A rate discussion happens with anyone genuinely interested in the work.
  6. Deadline for completed work is Oct’ 22. Shots for VFX will be ready by mid-July '22.

A little about me -

My most recent feature documentary, This One’s for the Ladies - about male strippers and the women who love them - world premiered at SXSW 2018, won a Special Jury Recognition award for Best Cast, was acquired for world-wide distribution by NEON and released theatrically across the US in June 2019. Well reviewed and loved by women of all backgrounds, LADIES is streaming on Hulu and is available on VOD and DVD. LADIES moves to HBO Max within the year. IMDB me here.

Last fall I shot a narrative short called Jac on the Come Up It starts a festival run on May '22 with more dates to come. Complete opposite of the horror project, but there you go.

If any of this sounds remotely interesting to you, please reach back for the reference deck, script, etc. Thanks in advance,
Gene Graham
[email protected]

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.