Camera issue...

I was wondering about a certain camera problem I seem to be having. It seems that during game play, the camera has a problem with “Blurring Blocks”. In other words, it’s like someone put clear tape on some parts of the camera lense. Parts of the image looks normal, and other parts blur sharply. I checked the DOF, and it was set at zero.

I wouldn’t have a problem with this effect if the blurring was “Gradual”, but it’s not. It has a sharp boundary between normal and blurred. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

I’ve attached a couple of images to show the effect. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I would be grateful for an answer.

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Attachments

I think this is caused by mipmapping, you can turn it off, but things usually look better with it.

Thank you for the reply. :slight_smile:

I turned off the mipmap feature, and this solved the problem, but created another with horrendous line effects in some of the more detailed UV images. However, I think I would rather change images than have to deal with the mipmap issue.

I wonder if there’s a way to tweek the mipmap settings to make the effect more subtle? I wouldn’t mind a “Gradual” blur, but the way it is now is virtually unusable if I want my game to look good. Is there a way to tweek the mipmap settings?

Thank you very much. :slight_smile: