Camera matching more than fspy

I keep having a match stupid stock photos, many of which are likely cropped and potentially warped. Sure, there’s nothing you can do about that. But Sometimes you can still make something that’s fairly believable. But with images with heavy DOF? Shoot, it’s difficult to get right.

Is there anything else like fspy out there that lets you pick multiple lines? If I see 8 X lines, I want to add all of them and have it just sort of average where the converging line is. The same with Y or Z, or both. Basically, I just want to draw all the lines I see the best I can, then have it give me a decent guess as to what the camera value is. It’s pretty nice that in fspy you can define the world zero also, so you know where you start modeling in blender also.

I was just doing one image where I’m matching to a blurry table in the background. Just Barely nudging one point causes the axis pointing at me to wildly angle left/right. And yeah, I’m holding shift for small movements. That just happens when the only thing you can visually see with parallel lines are relatively close together. So this particular image wouldn’t help a TON, but I do see 6 vertical lines. I just only have 2 horizontal ones. Plus, vertical lines are much more common to find parallel several places in an image.

I remembered 3dsMax had something built in with multiple points, but I think they all have to be measured to 3d geometry. It’s been a while since I did much in 3dsMax. I didn’t use it often enough to justify the cost.

1 Like

Boosting this post cos I have the exact same problem and was looking for the same solution.

Ive gotta match multiple photos from multiple angles and the slight inaccuracies from each add up fast. Did you ever find a solution?

There is now this on BM
https://blendermarket.com/products/perspective-plotter
Works completely in Blender…

It’s nice to see an easier to use alternative to fspy, but this doesn’t seem to solve the issue we have?

Averaging out as many lines as necessary that may not perfectly match would be a good solution to images that don’t have very long lines or maybe slightly wonky walls or something.