Camera moves

Hi!

I’m having a hard time trying to move my camera… :frowning:

I mean, I know how to give it a path to follow, but the positions of the Empty it’s pointing to, while moving, are MUCH MUCH harder to choose…

So the results are always weird!

Again, it’s not the movement of the camera its self that causes trouble… It’s what it should look to, WHILE moving.

Are there any tutorials on how to have ABSOLUTE control over camera moves, please?

I know how to do it in theory, but I could use some “real life” advice!

HERE IS A BLEND FILE that shows an example of my problem (140 Ko)

Thank you!

http://photozamulud.free.fr/vides.jpg

Can’t you give the camera empty a track-to constraint with the other empty as the target?

That’s what I have done…

I took a look at your blend file and modified it quickly. I’m not certain exactly what you want so this is my guess. What I did was:

1. erase your target empty
  2. added a new empty and parented it to path
  3. gave new empty a time offset of -15.00 – this puts the empty 15 frames of animation ahead on the path.
  4. tracked the camera to the new empty.

If it was my project I would also adjust the speed curve of the path so it slowed down going around corners but I didn’t change this on your file.

Here is your modified blend:
http://members.shaw.ca/rjplus/poub1.blend

GreyBeard

Thank you! This is very close to what I would like to learn indeed.

Actually, I would like this shot to be a “subjective” one.
I don’t know if this means anything in english…

I would like it to be from a character’s point of view. Therefor, the character to be able to -for example- make a quick scan of the room he walks into, before looking foreward again…

I know how change the speed of the camera its self, I’ll do it!

Thanks.

Therefor, the character to be able to -for example- make a quick scan of the room he walks into, before looking foreward again…

Then I wouldn’t use a path and just keyframe the location and rotation of the camera. It doesn’t take long to do this.

GreyBeard

I must be stupid! Eversince I learned how tu use paths, I forgot that I could do things in a simpler way! :smiley:

It’s much better now, thank you!