camera problem

(MtheGreat) #1

hi,
I have 2 meshes that emit particles and the 3D view divided in two. The left half is for modelling&stuff and the right half always stays in camera view, so that i can move the camera around in the left part and watch the result in the right part. Now for the strange part - every time i press ALT+A or CTRL+F12 the camera jumps back into the position it was in the beginning, e.g. when i opened a blank screen in blender, with a single cube.
am i missing something or it’s a glitch?
also, tell me if i wrote something too complicatedly.

0 Likes

(Vertex Pusher) #2

I think that you might not be keying your camera movements when you “move the camera around in the left part and watch the result in the right part” … You have to key the camera’s movements other wise when you play/render the animation the camera will simply “jump back” to the position it had before …

Just use the up/down/left/right arrows to navigate the frames and select the camera and then use the I key to insert keyframes for the camera (you’ll most likely only need the Loc and Rot keys/curves or maybe the VisualLocRot keys … though I personally have never used them myself) when ever you want to record the changes in the camera view …

0 Likes

(MtheGreat) #3

funny story…
The camera was actually already keyed. I just forgot that it was.
Thanks, you saved me some painful hours of frustration.

0 Likes